leaving my bow overnight

DeerLogic

I'm wondering about porcupines and the salty sweat residue on the hand-grip. I've heard of them chewing up canoe paddles because of that. Yeah, that probably is a bit far-fetched. The areas that I hunt don't have any porkys. However, I know for a fact that there are a few 2-legged critters that have no problem stealing things when they come across them. I am out one $200 camera because I thought it was in a spot where no one would ever go.

No porcupines in Ontario County and squirrels are sound sleepers.

Nothing is going to eat your bow, nobody will steal it. People don't go around at night looking UP INTO TREES WITH A FLAShLIGHT AT NIGHT, maybe a coon hunter but not too many of them anymore.

If I get a belly ache and can't make it back, no worries, I still have friends that'll bail me out and fetch it for me.

Wooly, what's with the wife comment?

Edited by Lawdwaz

I thought the same thing on one peice I own until this year when I had 2 stands stolen and a trail camera. I would be even more pissed if my bow and backpack was in one of those treestands. But hey its your stuff do as you please but dont think it cant happen to you either.

I dont think to many guys are going to throw 300ft of rope over a bank and repel down with a flashlight in their mouth to go down into a gorge looking for a bow hanging in a tree between 7pm and 5am. Never see any life form with two legs in daylight hours so i think im safe!!

I leave my keys and most times bow or gun in the truck key in the ignition unlocked so as far as the cold harming them nothing has they always shoot great dont know about in a tree critters like to taste of most any thing human made but I would like to see a video of a critter chewing a bow string that would be funny to see the critter jump when it let loose lol,

I wouldn't leave my bow in the woods for anything I wouldn't get sleep at night thinking if it's still their.

Lol good luck though.

same here. high winds, freezing rain and all that would lead to sleepless nights. There is a guy in PA and I wish I had his info that sells an awesome rubber bow sling. I never enter the woods without it.

I hunt state land, and I thought I had 100 acres to myself. Then when morning with snow on the ground, I saw about 30 other foot prints. So I certainly wouldn't leave anything in the woods overnight.

Are you being serious? You thought you were only one on State land?

• Like 1

I know there may be some extreme cases, but when I get so bad that I can't carry my bow in and out each day, I'll probably be so old and decrepit that I won't be able to pull it back ..... lol. In that case anybody can have it that finds it.

No, seriously after having had my camera stolen, I get downright paranoid about leaving anything that I might ever want again behind. Just like I would never walk out of the woods leaving my gun propped up against a tree, I would not leave my bow either.

I didn't think we had porcupines here either...until one walked under my stand 2years ago....so...raccoons....bear..possum....mice...flying squirrel.....and yes any squirrel...for I have them tripping the cams at night.....guys not looking up in trees at night.....well the guys that we've chased off our place with flash lights scanning our trees....they must have missed the memo......Just not seeing the sense...would you cover the barrel of your gun and leave that out in the woods at night?

That would be fair sarcasm Lawdwaz....IF they weren't doing so in the middle of .....my heavily posted land!...Ya know??? the land that I like to go hunt on and prefer having the deer stay around so I get a chance to hunt them...

But if you post your hunting properties address...I can see if they would come out your way...seeing you don't have a problem with such stuff.....GOOD HEAVENS I'd hate to have you miss out...