jerky or soup?

hoythunter

Hello.

After a frustrating unsuccessful rifle season I am looking for some ideas for tag recipes.

I am trying to decide wether to make some tag soup or tag jerky. My idea for the soup is to simply cut it into bite size pieces and put the tags into a boiling pot of water with a package of ramen noodles. I am partial to chicken ramen but considering using a package of beef to have the closer to venison taste.

My other thoughts were to prepare the cure/seasoning mixture of hi mountain jerky seasoning, lightly cover the dry tags and place in an air tight container in the fridge over night. My question is how long in a slightly open oven would you guys recommend without running the risk of too much shrinkage and getting tough?

Any new ideas would be greatly enjoyed.

Congrats to all that were successful.

Hold onto the tag since duck season is right aruond the corner. Go out and get at least 2 lake ducks of your choosing. gut and skin and place in a large pot with a pint of chicken broth and potatoes, carrots and I like a few parsnips in there. Add about a dozen pearl onions. bring to boil and after 45 minutes add an old work boot. (I am sure the tag can be substitued at this point) . tuns heat down and simmer for another 4 hours. Remove from heat. Remove the duck and thrown in the compost heap and eat the boot.

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club