coyote light

cbx46

The Cyclops Sirius is trash! Don't get it. When you read the reviews, read the bad ones. The most common complaint people have is that the battery won't charge. Same thing happen to me. When I bought it, it was great! Super bright. After the season, I left it in my cabinet. At the end of this summer, I took it back out to use, it was dead. I plug the power cord into the wall, it works. When I left it there to charge, it won't hold the charge. Now it only works if I have it directly plugged into an outlet. I checked warranty, 90 day warranty. Yeah, the first 90 day the thing worked great.

I went out an ordered the Wicked Light W400. It just came yesterday. The packaging looks fancy. Won't know how well it works until I bring it out into the field.

Here's more on the Cyclops Sirius. I called customer service and off course it's pass the warranty. They don't even sell the battery itself but directed me to where I can obtain it.

The good news is that the battery is only $9.50. The bad news is when I read the instruction manual for the battery, it states that if the battery is completely drained down to zero charge (which would happen if you leave it in the closet for months) the battery will no longer function. That means, I can't even buy a spare battery to keep around.

The Cyclops Sirius is trash! Don't get it. When you read the reviews, read the bad ones. The most common complaint people have is that the battery won't charge. Same thing happen to me. When I bought it, it was great! Super bright. After the season, I left it in my cabinet. At the end of this summer, I took it back out to use, it was dead. I plug the power cord into the wall, it works. When I left it there to charge, it won't hold the charge. Now it only works if I have it directly plugged into an outlet. I checked warranty, 90 day warranty. Yeah, the first 90 day the thing worked great.

I went out an ordered the Wicked Light W400. It just came yesterday. The packaging looks fancy. Won't know how well it works until I bring it out into the field.

on any rechargeable battery, you shouldnt just charge it then store it for long periods of time, they need to be recharged occasionally as a maintainance otherwise they'll go bad

A good, powerful, cheap light is the black&decker handheld from Walmart. Not the rechargeable ones. These take 4 AAs. I bought one last year for $20 They're red with a pistol grip style handle. I used a red sharpie marker to color the lens. The CREE XP LED(bulb) is pretty intense!

• 1 month later...

If anyone is looking for a light that works great every time check out the Predator 900. I ran across this light online and picked one of these up a couple weeks ago, and holy s#@$!! I have used a lot of lights over the past 8 years of predator hunting and this is by far my favorite. I've picked up eyes at over 400 yards and it lasts for hours before losing power. Its kind of like the xlr250 kill light but a little brighter and costs less. I put a link to the website below.

http://www.predatorscopelight.com/