1st pics of the year

Zem18

Well I finally put my camera out on September 3rd. Im getting a late start this year as work is quite busy. Those of you that know me from NYDeer.com will recognize the famous crabapple tree in all the pics. I left the cam alone for 2 weeks and I had 143 pics. 80 of them had full pics of deer and other critters. Had alot of partials and blanks as well from the wind and sun. I picked out all the fairly good buck pics to share with you guys and gals. I tried to clean them up but most of them just pixel out. If anyone cares to try and clean them up, let me know and I can send them via email. Thanks for looking and stay tuned for more in the future.

This first set of 3 shows a beauty, but it was really foggy. 

sunp0124.jpg

sunp0125.jpg

sunp0126.jpg

This is either a 6pt or an 8pt and I only got the one shot of him.

sunp0013.jpg

Here is the non-typical dude. He is still in full velvet too. I'd imagine he's having issues from an accident and hope maybe he keeps the velvet throughout the season. Would be a neat trophy for sure.

sunp0016.jpg

sunp0061.jpg

sunp0070.jpg

And here is my little buddy. He was a spike last year and I saw him several times while on stand. He is growing nicely and its neat to see his progression.

sunp0107.jpg

And here is my little buddy. He was a spike last year and I saw him several times while on stand. He is growing nicely and its neat to see his progression.

Oh ohhh, you're naming your deer?

Makes it hard to put the x'hairs on them in a year or two. :(

I can't keep track of the bucks in my area.

They're too elusive and move around before, during & after the rut.

Have a small doe I've been watching for 2 1/2 years since she was a fawn.

Next year for sure I'll be sizing her up for the freezer.

My little buddy burgers. mmmm

Thanks for all the replies fellas. Thats interesting on the doe theory and I have heard that before. I did have a non typical on cam last year but he was all hard horned, no velvet but this is not the same deer for sure. We will have to wait and see. I have 3 different sets of the non typ so looks like it is hanging around.

Lol at little buddy burgers. That was funny. Believe me, it won't be that difficult if the freezer is getting low and my thirst for bloodlust needs quenching.

I'm letting it go for another 2 weeks and we will see if the activity changes. We had a cold snap the other night and it hit 35. Tonight it is in the 60's and going to hit 87 Friday. YUCK!!! Bring on the cold.

No Burt - The house to the right of my stand has been very very silent lately. The guy ran a bar and went bankrupt so not sure if he's still living there but no dogs thus far. Thats what happens though when you hunt small parcels fairly close to houses but they hold some nice deer!!