So what Gun was used by the coward in Newton CT..

sits in trees

You guys are unbelievable.

I give up, it's all a conspiracy and the officer from the ct state police is a liar.

Why do you call a lack of reportable facts and yellow journalism a conspiracy? Aren't you curious to know the truth? All we have been reading is hearsay so far.

Why would 20 kids killed with an AR sell more papers then 20 kids killed with handguns?

Because the press incorrectly calls AR's, "assault weapons", and the president calls them "weapons of war",and the general public thinks they are machine guns. It makes for a much more sensational story.

I can guarantee none of you remember the mass murder of 87 people killed in NYC. The murder weapon was not that "hollywood" so it didn't get noticed that 87 people were killed by the actions of a single man.

• Like 1

Because the press incorrectly calls AR's, "assault weapons", and the president calls them "weapons of war",and the general public thinks they are machine guns. It makes for a much more sensational story.

I can guarantee none of you remember the mass murder of 87 people killed in NYC. The murder weapon was not that "hollywood" so it didn't get noticed that 87 people were killed by the actions of a single man.

That's the type of lame answer I expected. I guess people could care less about 20 little kids getting killed, it's the gun that people want to read about.

Why do you call a lack of reportable facts and yellow journalism a conspiracy? Aren't you curious to know the truth? All we have been reading is hearsay so far.

If you call press conferences with the state police and medical examiner hearsay you are hopeless.

And a transcript of said press release.

http://www.whatthefolly.com/2012/12/24/transcript-connecticut-state-police-briefing-on-the-sandy-hook-shooting-on-dec-16-2012/

That's the type of lame answer I expected. I guess people could care less about 20 little kids getting killed, it's the gun that people want to read about.

Sadly that is the type of people that infest journalism today. They didn't even wait for the bodies to get cold before they started their anti-gun campaign. No respect for the innocent victims of that madman. Almost every article written about the tragedy focused on the alleged firearm. They are truly the lowest of the low.

• Like 1

If you call press conferences with the state police and medical examiner hearsay you are hopeless.

And a transcript of said press release.

http://www.whatthefo...on-dec-16-2012/

You call that a press conference? Did you actually read the transcript? It details nothing of the crime. Two weeks later and we still have no facts.

Here is an interesting statement:

The weapon that was utilized most of the time during this horrific crime was identified as a Bushmaster AR-15 assault type weapon. It had high-capacity magazines.

In addition to that, the subject had in his possession a Glock 10mm, a Sig Sauer 9mm – both weapons – all weapons had multiple magazines and additional ammunition.

What is his definition of "most of the time"?

This is also a great quote from the so-called press conference,

The last thing is I’d like to re-state what we stated this morning about anyone that harasses, threatens, or intimidates, or interferes with the investigation, utilizing any social media of any type relative to this horrific crime will be fully investigated and fully prosecuted to the extent of the law. We’re talking about harassment includes in-person contact but also contact on the Internet, social media, telephone, and any other means of communication.

Basically, don't investigate this case in any form or we'll prosecute you. That's a first!

Yup woofer you are hopeless. If the word of the medical examiner and lt Vance aren't enough, then who would you like to hear it from?

I find it laughable that a medical examiner and lt Vance in front of media isn't good enough for you. Those are the only two you are going to info from at this point in time.

Where did the term "assault rifle" come from and who wrote the definition of an "assault rifle"

That is a good question. AR stands for ArmaLite is what I undestand.

Kind of like that press conference with Bush after 911 when he stated that no one should listen to outrageous conspiracy theories. Is it he that brought that term into the mainstream? I don't recall it used before that.

Why would 20 kids killed with an AR sell more papers then 20 kids killed with handguns?

this is the weapon that the government/law inforcement is most afraid of for obvious reasons. if you were in law inforcment what would you rather go up against, an angry public with glocks or an angry public with .223 ARs and AKs...

I believe days later this was changed to the rifle was used and a shotgun was in the car.

Wrong. Lt Vance came out on 12/16 and announced two pistols and the ar were used and the shot gun was in the trunk. Nothing has changed no matter how much you guys try.

Edited by Doewhacker

It is probably one of the most poorly reported stories if the day. No one can be really sure because the police have not held a press conference yet holding up the allegded weapons. Did I miss something? Can someone provide me a link to the press conference?

I haven't seen one witness interview telling what happened. I don't believe the AR was actually involved becaue the initial articles stated the caliber and brand of the AR, but this was before the actual crime scene was surveyed. So I must assume the AR was in the car like the initial report.

Of course that doesn't mean that someone couldn't have carried it in afterwards to help push the AR ban. The last sentence is speculation based on the latter news reports, not conspiracy.

Such a statement by you belies your imbecility!

how much you guys try.

Pardon?

The following article dated 12-30-12 seems to have a decent chronological follow through on information that has been released.

Rifle found in Lanza's trunk not a Bushmaster

After two weeks of media reports that a .223 AR-15 Bushmaster was found in the trunk of Lanza's car, gun aficionados point out that the rifle is not a Bushmaster, nor even an AR-class assault weapon.

Gun experts say that the weapon shown in an NBC News report is some kind of shotgun.

Read more: http://digitaljourna.../article/340113

Edited by tony m