Made some upgrades

chiefbkt

Well an online order, a trip to BPS and $338 later I made some serious upgrades to my bow. Started with a new string from Brad at 60X. From there a new 3/16" meta peep from G5. Upgraded the hostage pro with a QAD HDX. Upgraded the Apex sight with a Trophy Ridge micro cypher 5. Now I just have to get over to the barn and fine tune it. Should be a tack driver now. Can't wait to shoot this hog!

Edited by chiefbkt

now's the time to buy archery stuff, now that it's after deer season. i've got meta peeps and QAD rests on my bows and i'm very happy with them. make sure you shoot that string around 50 times or so to let it settle and break-in then get things tuned up.

• 2 weeks later...

I just go south to Myrtle beach SC, since xmas we have had all the days be in the 70's, now it back to normal of 50 to 60's for about a week. The Sand dune archers held it first 3D shoot last weekend, and I had the best score for senior, but that does not say much as they also said I was older than dirt (71), shot a 248 on a 30 target course. BUt to me it was a great score as due to illness it was the first time I could shoot my bow since May of last year.

But it is the best when you get that new bow and or upgrade to your bow. Seems just to be fun to shoot and plan for the next year hunting season.

I also joined the club in SC and we get out there 2 to 3 times a week, they have a great practice range from 15 yards to 80 yards for the NFAA and 3D shooters to practice on.

Nothing through the siding yet! I do have some hay bales behind my target at 40 yards (only because I cant drive the stakes for my decoy into concrete) and I'm working on my line of sight to shoot a 50 yard target. I will post a picture when I get it figured out. The new QAD rest by the way, is the $hit! I'm so glad I upgraded.

• 3 months later...

Never got the 50 yard target set up, but I did get an old stand set up to shoot at the 30 yard target. I've been shooting inside the barn since December and love it. No wind, no rain, and no snow. Out of the elements for practice in the winter was great. I will move all but one target back over to the house after Memorial Day. Nice to have a place to go shoot if its pouring rain during the summer. I've attached a few more pics of the set up. post-1506-13686659300835_thumb.jpgpost-1506-13686660098977_thumb.jpgpost-1506-13686660449826_thumb.jpgpost-1506-13686660676143_thumb.jpg

• Like 1