12 acres Otsego County Hunting Property (FS)

Sold!!!<br /><br />This is the perfect hunting land / recreational property. (Power available at the road) There is a few different pieces of state land in the surrounding area with in a 5-10 min drive open to the public!! The property has an abundance of apple trees (25-30) 25 foot tall trees. Its has the perfect layout for those sportsman looking to have privacy from the road and your neighbors. It has a little over 500 feet of road frontage, from the road you can not see into the property, there are about 150 feet deep of hardwoods off the road. once in the property there is about just under a 2 acre field, perfect for planting Corn, Purple Top Turnips or any other food plot of choice. Entrance to the property is through a brand new 12 foot wide by 150 foot long gravel driveway with a turn around at the top, the whole driveway is dug down 14-15" deep and can handle very large trucks to large machinery... The driveway is placed in the left border of the property so all the other land is untouched. Once you walk through the field you hit the woods where the rest of the property begins and its all woods with a 300 foot creek that runs through the property! The lay out is a perfect rectangle with easy to see borders and posted signs and the dimensions are as follows, Road Frontage and width = 500+ feet, Left border running to the back = 1300 feet and the right border running to the back = about 1100 feet. There is literally deer sign every inch of this property along with an abundance of turkey! Fresh rubs though out. A few apple tree did not produce apple this year due to the mild winter which caused early blooming followed by a late season freeze which shocked the trees. all the apple trees in the surrounding areas were effected. Last year every apple tree was loaded with big apples and quite a few trees held them until around February 2012. i did have a few apple trees produce apples this summer. The 12 acres backs up a lot of private land that makes up roughly 1900 acres! So there is more then enough bordering land to hold a very large amount of deer followed by other wild life. The neighbor that borders the back of the property has a very large pond which acts as a natural funnel for deer, In order for deer to move around the pond they have to walk on my 12 acres to get by so the volume of deer passing through the property is extremely good. There is room to add a pond in the field to stock with fish and enough room and potential to make it your own. ALL GAS RIGHTS AND MINERAL RIGHTS WILL CONVEY TO NEW OWNER! and there are NO existing leases on this property and it is a guaranteed deed! If you live in the middle of the long island area it will take you under 4 hours driveway to driveway. It is 45 min north of Route 17 (exit 84) 10 exits passed Roscoe Diner. I WILL POST pictures ASAP, i can not post any from this computer but will do so very soon. i have pictures of the land, creek, apple trees with fruit, field and so on. Any hunter will fall in love with this property, there is a Amish community a few minutes up the road and they would be happy to build you a beautiful big hemlock cabin from scratch for around 5-6K with an aluminum roof. I do have a very good closing attorney that can close cleanly and safely, who resides in the Otsego area and will make smooth closing with the county. Feel Free to PM me anytime with any questions you have.<br />Asking Price: 33K <br />NOTE: i will add better quality pics by tomorrow... these were taken using my phone while viewing my computer screen. i had a bunch of great quality pics in my phone but i lost all pics and contacts in my phone a few months ago during a update on my iphone which had the driveway pics and so on.<br /><br />SEE PAGE 2 FOR AERIALS<br /><br />UPDATED PICS ON PAGE 2 (TAKEN 1-19-13)

post-252-0-72274300-1357156909_thumb.jpg

post-252-0-85011200-1357156916_thumb.jpg

post-252-0-29668000-1357156922_thumb.jpg

post-252-0-08686200-1357156930_thumb.jpg

post-252-0-26669800-1357156938_thumb.jpg

post-252-0-33983600-1357156944_thumb.jpg

post-252-0-64779600-1357156950_thumb.jpg

i have been talking to my Fiance and buying a larger parcel is something i want to do. And i am thinking i want to be in Chemung County since i have friends and family there so while visiting them i can go to my property and kill 2 birds with one stone when i buy there. So really its location...

the property to the right the neighbor doesn't really hunt, his son hunts during ML, hes told me he has seen some nice bucks back there while doing yard work. The property to the left is a small cabin which he uses a few times a year. He hunts 1 weekend for gun season i believe. I have never seen nor met him, my neighbor to the right said he doesn't come up much. ive been up there alot this year and never saw a car on the property to the right...

hello this property looks like its exactly what im looking for.how many deer have you got on this property?any this year?can you tell me what the state land close by is so i can get a better idea of the location.have you ever set up any trail cams,if so would love to see some.im looking for hunting land and would like to know the quality of deer if possible.how about turkey have you ever seen any,seems like the wild life has plenty to eat and should get big with all that food around.how many years have you owned the property do you practice quality deer management.just trying to get a feel for what im looking for ,i think the price is a little high for that area but if quality is there that can be the difference for me

I have not deer hunted on this property... I dont get much time for weekend getaways to hunt so i stay on the island. I get 5 days away from the wife that i use up in Chemung County on Family property otherwise i hunt on LI and have no reason to hunt else where since i see very large deer out here where i hunt. i have turkey hunted on the property a twice this season with a buddy who literally just started hunting so i took him up to the property, we saw Toms each time but he moves around alot and we were picked off... My neighbor says he usually sees very nice bucks running around in the fall out back but i wouldnt know because i never ran my trail cam during the season because i run my 2 cams out here on the island. i did run my cam in February up there tho and got a ton of pics (no bucks obviously because they shed)

the price per acre up there is on the high side in that area due to the gas/mineral craze (2200/acre). My driveway cost me 6K and that was done right in the spring of 2012. But finding a decent property with a nice layout for hunting and having an abundance of apple trees and the setup this property has is hard to find anywhere... Iam NEG so if interested shoot me a PM and we can chat.

That area holds good deer and turkey. 2k-2500 an acre is what property is selling up there without the gas/mineral rights. Good luck Geno.

Thanks split, yeah it's a great area for deer. It's crazy howmany land owners are selling land and holding back all the rights with easements determined at closing. In my searches i see alot of properties like that, not very appealing IMO. My property comes with all rights.

NOTE: 1 thing i noticed is my property has a ton of apple trees and both neighbors that border me do not have any. the guy across the street has a few apple trees and up the block has some. So in the area there are native apple trees which is great for a deer herd and i have a ton of them on my property which is probably why i get the volume of deer travel on my land. Plus the natural funnel to the back of the property. Throw in a food plot of corn and turnips and forget it, that property would be amazing. i also was going to do some hinge cutting in the back to create some natural browse and some cover for bedding and promote new growth as well. which would be a great idea for the new owner.

taxes are only $550 bucks Biz... im telling you, hunt Long Island and i cant see hunting anywhere else lol

I just meant because you went through the process of buying it, etc. I would have tried it at least once lol.

no i hear ya, trust me i would have loved to do it but hunting the island is easy for more then one reason. The wife HATES if im gone hunting for a weekend or even the night because then shes home alone and hates that blah blah blah. So hunting the island im up early and im home for dinner so she doesnt say much. For 16 years i have hunted gun season up in Chemung County with friends and family so im guaranteed that and she knows she cant say anything on that one so i spend my upstate time with everyone up there because honestly its some of the best times i have every year. I tried the ole ok well im going to do a bow hunt on my property upstate for the night thing with her and i didnt get far so i pick and choose my battles lol. Thats why i want to buy land in Chemung because she would come up with me and hangout with everyone while i hunt, it would be easier for me...

i see you check on people when they make posts,well im new and have no posts.i was interested in this property but somethings dont add up too me.if im correct front your post you only own this land for a year?im not sure i could be wrong.how do you knoww you have all these deer on this property,if you dont have the cams running all year round.how do all the deer with the over 1800 + state acrea end up on your land.i hear you about the wife but if i had all those deer and property was mine i would tell her im at the old place drive a little more tag out and go back home,just my opinion not starting crap.one other thing that makes me think if island hunting is everything why buy land for just 1 week a year when your allowed to go,just hunt relatives piece like old times.just trying to find my own piece of property and some things sound good about yours and others a little fishy i dont want to make any mistakes i want to buy once.hopefully no offense will be taken

i see you check on people when they make posts,well im new and have no posts.i was interested in this property but somethings dont add up too me.if im correct front your post you only own this land for a year?im not sure i could be wrong.how do you knoww you have all these deer on this property,if you dont have the cams running all year round.how do all the deer with the over 1800 + state acrea end up on your land.i hear you about the wife but if i had all those deer and property was mine i would tell her im at the old place drive a little more tag out and go back home,just my opinion not starting crap.one other thing that makes me think if island hunting is everything why buy land for just 1 week a year when your allowed to go,just hunt relatives piece like old times.just trying to find my own piece of property and some things sound good about yours and others a little fishy i dont want to make any mistakes i want to buy once.hopefully no offense will be taken

no offense taken at all... when i bought, i bought with the intentions of putting my cash into something tangible rather then putting my money in a bank account. i had intentions of hunting during deer season but with the "convenience" of driving 20 minutes to my hunting spot on LI i just could not get the chance to hunt up there. I never once said i have "all these deer" on my land. i have been hunting deer since i was 14 and i have spent countless hours in the deer woods to know how to read deer sign, so one does not need a trail cam running 24/7 to get an idea of the deer flow on a property. if i wanted to see exactly what was running around on a property then a trail cam would be essential but since i only have 2 cams they stay with me on the island during deer season. I did run a cam in Januray on my property and got a ton a photos of deer but that was for a month. This spring and summer alone i had taken about 12-14 trips to my property to do some various maintenance and get away trips so i know what i see when i walk the property and what i kick up. i never once said all the deer in Otsego county end up on my property, i simply said the lay of my land and the bordering property creates a natural funnel which in order for deer to get to one area to another they must travel around the neighbors pond onto the back end of my property where the creek is to get by. the deer can simply go on the other side of the pond to travel as well for all i know. what i do know is the amount of tracks, deer runs, droppings and various deer sign thought the property is confirmation that deer tend to pass through my 12 quite often.

and if you think you can drive anywhere in NY tag out and come home when ever you want seems like a pretty silly statement to me. i dont care how good of a property you hunt your never guaranteed a deer... Not sure that anything i stated in any of this thread sounds fishy to anyone else?? i never lied and theres nothing to be fishy about. i bought land and i never hunted it, is that a problem? if i had ZERO hunting spots and bought land you bet your butt id hunt it but i have more spots to hunt then most so its not a life or death situation for me to drive 4 hours to hunt my own land. Sorry you think thats fishy BUT its true...