Sheds in region 3

crappyice

Found my first one today! Had a little dilemma...do I show my kids to get them excited that the season is started or keep it to hide when they come for some instant gratification?

I decided to show them when I got home. I'd rather them have a genuine experience but I'll see if that's a mistake if and when frustration sets in!

post-327-0-73841300-1357857076_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Found a dead buck yesterday. I wasn't prepared to hack off the horns so I will be back. Found a mess of deer and an area I really need to dedicate some time to.

This is starting to sound like a shed journal now!

You've been putting in some serious hiking time lately.

Things should start picking up this month with a good batch of fresh antlers hitting the ground.

Good luck in the new area crappyice!

Sure looks like a set to me!

Hard to tell from pics sometimes, so you just gotta go with what you know about where you found them, the similarities and differences, and what your gut tells ya! I've seen a lot of antlers that don't even come close to looking like they came from the same deer, but I have proof they did!

Two nice antlers to tag team up on with your son regaurdless!

Took my son and daughter (couldn't convince his twin brother to make the trek) for a snowy walk in the woods today to recover the horns from the dead buck found last weekend. I'm very glad i marked it on GPS since the snow completely buried the evidence. My daughters claiming ownership of one as her first find! She likes the easy satisfaction...I like that she find this satisfying!!!

post-327-0-45101100-1360457181_thumb.jpg