new from chenango county

tuckersdaddy

Welcome.... For a few years I hunted a small patch of private land (only about 60 acres) that boardered state land, in Pharsalia. In the short time we hunted there my two friends and I took 5 bucks, one a bruiser, and 3 doe. That was a long time ago but Im sure it's still real good deer hunting. When our friend sold the land I almost cried.

i hunt state land (they say i cant hunt on my 1/2 acre in the village!!!) i was lucky. i did tag out during regular season, but had little choice as to what i took. my oldest passed on a small doe (14 yr old and passed on a yearling, very proud of his decision!) but he never had another opportunity. muzzle loading season saw no deer on state and hunted 9 days. driving to and from there were deer in some fields, had to take pictures over the posted signs.

yep my buddy took a 154 ten point near 5 streams in 2010.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm just to the south in Broome.

Do you know how the trout fishing has been in the Genny since the floods? I haven't fished it since my youth.

It sounds like you folks love your huntin',so you're in the right place! Don't forget that red squirrels are UNprotected and can be hunted anytime!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum.

I'm just to the south in Broome.

Do you know how the trout fishing has been in the Genny since the floods? I haven't fished it since my youth.

It sounds like you folks love your huntin',so you're in the right place! Don't forget that red squirrels are UNprotected and can be hunted anytime!!!

my oldest has been fishing the genny from smithville north with a buddy of his. the flood didnt seem to have much effect. still some stockys and some natives. the otselic is another matter. fished it some some this spring very little activity except for the walley i caught near pitcher... not real big but never caught one that far north. kinda odd.