My first pistol Glock 9mm

Just bought my first pistol today, I bought a Glock 9mm . Gun shop was busy as heck today. Lots of people buying pistols, since they determined that gun dealers can sell their stock till April 15th. Best part was is I got to bring mine home with me, where most people have to wait a few days to weeks to get them added. That's one great thing about living in Schuyler County.

I have to wait till Tues before I can shot mine. I can take possession of it but can not fire it till I had it to my permit in my county, since Monday is a holiday I have to wait till Tues.

Seriously? WTF......you sure you live in NYS?

Wow.........

Oh yea, what model did you get?

I had a Glock 19 years ago, heck I had the big mags with mine, 15 shot IIRC?? I should have never got rid of that gun. That one I regret.

• 2 months later...

Just bought my first pistol today, I bought a Glock 9mm . Gun shop was busy as heck today. Lots of people buying pistols, since they determined that gun dealers can sell their stock till April 15th. Best part was is I got to bring mine home with me, where most people have to wait a few days to weeks to get them added. That's one great thing about living in Schuyler County.

How do you like it?

I looked at the Gander MTN in Orange county and Ulster and neither had any glocks. The worker there told me Glock stopped sending them pistols after the laws went on the books. About how much did you pay for it? Really wishing I could find a used one. I'm looking at the Taurus pt709 9mm as my first pistol. Seems nice and is easy to conceal.

Lawdwaz, I really like it for the most part. I had to add the magazine extension so 3 of my fingers would fit on the grip, only down side with the extension is when I carry is concealed in my holster on my side, the extension has a rough spot and rubbed on my waistline,I need to sand down extensions. On the plus side my brother in law had about 4000 rounds of brass for it that he gave me, because he does not have a 9mm.

Nice pistol, congrats.

Might as well go for small as buying a a larger one kind of defeats the purpose. With magazine restrictions and all. (unless you are exempt)

Good luck, let us know how it shoots!

Nice pistol, congrats.

Might as well go for small as buying a a larger one kind of defeats the purpose. With magazine restrictions and all. (unless you are exempt)

Good luck, let us know how it shoots!

That depends on what you want it for.  I've had both a G19 and a G26/27.  The G19 is a better suited for home defense than the G26/27 due to easier to handle being a bit bigger, IMO.

The G26/27 is easier to conceal, even on your ankle.

Glock makes a heck of a good gun.

Lawdwaz, I really like it for the most part. I had to add the magazine extension so 3 of my fingers would fit on the grip, only down side with the extension is when I carry is concealed in my holster on my side, the extension has a rough spot and rubbed on my waistline,I need to sand down extensions. On the plus side my brother in law had about 4000 rounds of brass for it that he gave me, because he does not have a 9mm.

Get that rough spot cleaned up and enjoy!  What are you using for a holster?

I installed the Pierce Grip on one of my G27 magazines when I had it.  It sure makes a difference.