Anyone have Sprint cell phone coverage?

Pipecrew

I'm thinking of switching from Verizon to Sprint's $69.99 unlimited talk, text, and web plan. I'm just wondering how good their coverage is. It looks like their coverage is best along major highways. I hunt the Finger Lakes area and see on their map that area is a roam area.

Anyone have any like or dislike about Sprint??? Thanks.

Mike

Pipecrew,

You have the best with verizon.  How it works in your area I'm not sure, but I have had them all at at the end I have only been satisfied with verizon.  Yes they are more expensive, but if I'm going to pay for anything I want it to work.  It seems to me that verizon works wherever I go.

Verizon has pretty good coverage. Right now I pay like $58 for a basic plan, no texts included, no web, and only like 400 minutes a month. For $20 more Sprint offers unlimited texts, mobile to mobile minutes, and unlimited web, which seems like a great deal. My biggest concern is how well the service is in the "roaming" areas.

I made a BIG mistake last spring by switching from Verizon to Sprint, just to save a few dollars!! Cancelled my Verizon account, got setup with Sprint, and was in hell for the next week! I was on the phone with their Customer Service in that 1 week than I had been the previous 5 or so years with Verizon!!! (And I told them that several times too!) Coverage wasn't good, had to dial the whole 7 digit # you were calling, additional data charges for sending pic text messages, even though they say it's included in your unlimited text plan, etc....

I was so glad when Verizon called me the following week after cancelling, saying they wanted us back as customers! They didn't have to twist my arm, but I didn't want them to know that, so they really sweetened the pot for us to go back! We cancelled the Sprint account, as they give you like 30 days to try it out with no charge if you cancel.

I learned my lesson! I get a chill every time I see a Sprint commercial! I don't think anyone would be satisfied with Sprint after having Verizon! BTW, NO I don't work for Verizon, but I should be on one of their commercials after my experience!  :) 

Do you work for a company that you can get Verizon discounts through? Might want to check into it. I think my company discount is 20% and my wifes company gets ~25%. We have the same discount with Sprint also.

Yeah, BTW, don't fall for their "coverage area" map! That was one of the complaints that I had with their customer service! The amount of dropped calls that I was getting was crazy! I told them that I was confident I could get service with Verizon if I was in a cave somewhere deep in the mountains, but yet I couldn't get service from Sprint when I was a couple miles off a major highway! Crazy!!

I have had Verizon for years now.My phone works in my stand,On silent mode.Up state in Oneonta and as far south as Florida I well never change.There bill is easy to read.And is what it is supposed to be.No hidden charges.I have 5 phones between the wife and kids.They are great if a phone goes down they replace or fix it.Great service.

I used to work for Verizon Wireless as a sales rep and if I had about 100 hours and unlimited writing space I still could not tell you all the horror stories I would hear from people who either have, or had Sprint. I would say that 40% of my new lines were switching from Sprint. Their coverage map is a joke. Their customer service is consistently ranked the lowest of the major carriers. There is a reason their unlimited plan is $30 less than Verizon...they need a gimmick to get people. I used to have sprint long ago and it doesn't seem like they have gotten any better. I would choose Verizon and pay a little more for the better service.