Eastern Sportsman Show

jr.deerslayer

Our gun club had a bus trip planned for the Harrisburg show.. instead we are using the bus for a trip to Cabela's that day. I've never been there so I'm pretty excited.

I just hope folks don't lose sight of the small vendors that are really taking a hit over this and support some of them also by visiting their shops when possible or over the net.

• 1 month later...

I do not have any ill will towards any vendor participating in the show. They paid their exhibitor fees and rely heavily on these shows to get them through the year. It is not their fault that Reed has decided to be a politically correct pussy. It's a shame they even have to deal with this nonsense. I'm real glad Cabela's stuck it to Reed. I think they were one of the main sponsors of the show.

I will go to the Cabela's in Hamburg instead of the show. Everything I want is at that store anyway. If you've never been to a Cabela's, make the trip. It's worth it. I just bought more of their stock the other day. The fourth quarter and this quarter are going to be monster revenues for them with all the anti-gun fever driving sales of firearms and ammo through the roof.

Just a P.S. to this post. I am selling most of my shares in Cabela's today. The company is my favorite but the profits are too high to ignore.

PWGUNNY, Instead of selling why not put on a trailing stop and ride the wave up somemore

(if it goe up) then the stop will kick in when it starts to sink to whatever level you wand to bail at.

This gives you security of not losing and the possibility of making even more profit. Works for me.

I sold because it hit the 52 week high. I wanted to purchase another company-WPRT westport innovations. I still love Cabela's and I may have sold too soon, but I won't cry over the profits I made on CAB. One of my faults is the lack of patience, I'm always buying and selling.