Crossbow Debate 2013...

BizCT

I'm saying is that we've had an archery non-xbow season for many years. Spin it how you want but you're asking the state to change. That is, by definition changing how we do things going forward and therefore upsetting a tradition. http://dictionary.re...e/tradition?s=t

And there was a non-compound bow season before what we have now, which changed to allow another form of archery equipment into the season. Your point?

It's fair for you to say this, but how is your stance not the same? You also dont care that there is a decent amount of bow hunters who are not in favor of it. So it's also me, me, me I want crossbows and who cares what the current season allows me to do. We're 2 interest groups debating a law. The anti-gun population of NY says the same about you as a gun owner. "me, me, me I want to keep my guns". All you're doing is pointing out the obvious with statements like that. And your statement that it's damaging the sport is groundless. page 2, please educate yourself on the number of bow kills. man these anti-xbow laws really seem to be hurting our sport. It must be why kills increased

http://www.dec.ny.go...2011deerrpt.pdf

go back a page and read my reply to d-bone. Pretty much covers it.

No he cant, it is my choice to obey the laws, and i have chosen to obey them.

the rules can change at times....

several reasons: first because i only got into deer hunting two years ago and crossbows have only been legal one year, second bows cost money and i dont have much of that, so i bought a gun first (this past year), my first year of hunting i just borrowed a gun, third im not SURE i would choose a xbow over a compound but xbows are easier in my opinion... fourth xbows ARE "cool" they are lots of fun to shoot (my cousins have some that we shoot) altho compounds are fun too (ive shot both)

i cant say i never will use a compound but i made it a personal goal to 1st: shoot a deer, 2nd: shoot a buck, 3rd: move on to shoot bigger and better deer and also possibly get into bow hunting... those are just my personal goals so far ive gotten 1 and 2 accomplished

im not sure what you are saying that i will be "imposing" on your "tradition"

please explain...

keep doing what you do man. Don't let our petty disagreements deter you. I guess it's the fact that you're the next generation of hunter, and you want a crossbow. That saddens me. And that's what I mean about imposing on the tradiont.

I'll tell you what, and I'll type it out for all to see. I'll donate $100 to your compound bow fund. That's how passionate I am about it. We will see if we can get others to go in on it. I bet we can get you a nice used bow in the 300-400 range.

LOL LOL his dad knows a secret place they hide..... dont tell anybody!!!

i believe it was a joke. Rush is loaded. I mentioned the spot once here but I'm not going to do it again as my uncle has to kick people off every year.

Edited by Belo

Dang !! you guys have been busy today!!....do I need to get the Midol out and pass it around for you all??? :D:P

i could use a tall one.

see problem is there's nothing really in season right now unless you want to hunt squirrels in sub zero temps. Otherwise we'd all be in the woods and not on our computers.

• Like 2

i could use a tall one.

see problem is there's nothing really in season right now unless you want to hunt squirrels in sub zero temps. Otherwise we'd all be in the woods and not on our computers.

Bobcat, Fox, Coyote. All open

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

keep doing what you do man. Don't let our petty disagreements deter you. I guess it's the fact that you're the next generation of hunter, and you want a crossbow. That saddens me. And that's what I mean about imposing on the tradiont.

I'll tell you what, and I'll type it out for all to see. I'll donate $100 to your compound bow fund. That's how passionate I am about it. We will see if we can get others to go in on it. I bet we can get you a nice used bow in the 300-400 range.

i believe it was a joke. Rush is loaded. I mentioned the spot once here but I'm not going to do it again as my uncle has to kick people off every year.

man your generous!!! im not sure if it would go tward the bow tho LOL LOL LOL (meaning i have other monetary needs also) LOL

sorry i havent been in here to argue with the hardliners who wanna tell me i shouldnt be able to hunt with a crossbow, but ive just been too busy argueing with the hardliners that are telling me i shouldnt own guns. why is it everyone wants to tell me what is OK for me to own and hunt with or to keep my family safe with....

hey Belo tell ya what... im not lookin to buy a bow within the next 2 mos or so since ive allready got a crazy learning curve goin w getting into reloading ect but i might take you up on it in 6 mos or so.... if its still open

So why not just have one season? Seems like everyone wants in on the early season.

I bowhunt with recurves - the bows that started our bowseason.

However unless the bowseason is to be limited to traditional equipment (which I don't support) then all

archery equipment should be included.

And an 80% (Concept archery has one up to 99%) plus let off bow so short it can only be shot

with a TRIGGER with a lighted fiber optic sight (possibly magnified) is far closer to a crossbow then a recurve.

2 Seasons - ALL archery equipment in 1.

ALL guns in the other.

• Like 1

As far as the draw thing when game is close, you can draw a 50# 80% compound and hold at 10#.

If sitting, rest the bottom cam on you leg and hold for several minutes until the deer closes and still make a quality shot.

Question: why do so many if not most hunters sit in a treestand or a groundblind with mesh windows?

Answer: to hide them and their movement from their quarry.

Do anti cross bowers support restricting stands and blinds?

If not, why not?

They greatly reduce the chance of being seen drawing. ;)

As far as the draw thing when game is close, you can draw a 50# 80% compound and hold at 10#.

If sitting, rest the bottom cam on you leg and hold for several minutes until the deer closes and still make a quality shot.

Question: why do so many if not most hunters sit in a treestand or a groundblind with mesh windows?

If not, why not?

Why do so many want to ban assault rifles which are used in less than 2% of the crimes that they are trying to stop, ,more than likely the same answer to your question, they are either stupid or trying to serve a bigger agenda..

Belo, where were you when I was looking to purchase a bow? In saddened by this offer, it's cuz I'm not your friend?

if you are/were a youth wanting to buy a crossbow instead of a bow, i may have been there for you :)

hey Belo tell ya what... im not lookin to buy a bow within the next 2 mos or so since ive allready got a crazy learning curve goin w getting into reloading ect but i might take you up on it in 6 mos or so.... if its still open

it'll stand

If not, why not?

define "so many" the number of guys I know that bowhunt out of blinds or "tree forts" is far less than the guy sitting in a stand.

Why do so many want to ban assault rifles which are used in less than 2% of the crimes that they are trying to stop, ,more than likely the same answer to your question, they are either stupid or trying to serve a bigger agenda..

there are 80 billion threads on gun control. Can we keep it out of this one please?

by the way... check out these links and tell me how many link to crossbows.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=archery

https://www.google.com/search?pws=0&q=archery&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=nYoCUciPH-LD0QGMqoB4&biw=1680&bih=899&sei=uYoCUZW4L4iy0QHArIHADw

Edited by Belo

define "so many" the number of guys I know that bowhunt out of blinds or "tree forts" is far less than the guy sitting in a stand.

One of the primary reasons to sit in a stand is to be able to be a little more undetected.

This includes hiding movement draw.

Far easier to get away with more than when hunting on the ground without the use of a blind.

And the number that hunt from a blind is hardly insignificant based on the numbers sold.

One of the primary reasons to sit in a stand is to be able to be a little more undetected.

This includes hiding movement draw.

Far easier to get away with more than when hunting on the ground without the use of a blind.

And the number that hunt from a blind is hardly insignificant based on the numbers sold.

yeah but you dont know that those aren't gun hunters. Generally more bow hunters hunt from a small stand then gun hunters who may just post up behind a tree. generally.

https://www.google.c...4L4iy0QHArIHADw

How about the definition of a crossbow...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossbow

"A recurve crossbow is a bow that has tips curving away from the archer"

How about the definition of archery

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archery

From the section titled "types of bows"....

"Mechanically drawn bows typically have a stock or other mounting, such as the crossbow. They are not limited by the strength of a single archer and larger varieties have been used as siege engines."

yeah but you dont know that those aren't gun hunters. Generally more bow hunters hunt from a small stand then gun hunters who may just post up behind a tree. generally.

Blah Blah Blah. Prove it.

Ground blinds are currently built with bow hunting in mind. Just look at them...

http://www.outdoorlife.com/photos/gallery/hunting/bowhunting/gear-accessories/2011/10/6-best-ground-blinds

if you are/were a youth wanting to buy a crossbow instead of a bow, i may have been there for you :)

it'll stand

there are 80 billion threads on gun control. Can we keep it out of this one please?

https://www.google.c...4L4iy0QHArIHADw

I will keep posts like this out when you keep your anti crossbow jiberish out of the crossbow section of this forum. this section is not for debating wether crossbows should be made legal or not in NY state.

Moderators please remove this debate thread about crossbows and place it somewhere else, like in the.... "I,m a commie and want people to do only what i want section".

What happened to forum rules? guess they dont apply for the crossbow section????

Youre allowed to debate things in this section, though this particular thread has gone completely off course. It might be best to split the debate part of it out into its own thread so that the information on the bills can be uncluttered. Maybe Ill name it "The last bit of NYB flailing before the state makes the right move".

Youre allowed to debate things in this section, though this particular thread has gone completely off course. It might be best to split the debate part of it out into its own thread so that the information on the bills can be uncluttered. Maybe Ill name it "The last bit of NYB flailing before the state makes the right move".

yea there kinda like headless chickens running into walls at this point...sad isnt it....like most commies they put up a hell of a fight...