Olympic Arms Press Release

Has anybody seen this press release yet?

Press Release: Olympic Arms, Inc. Announces New York State Sales Policy

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Olympic Arms is a staunch believer in and

defender of the Constitution of thes United

States, and with special attention paid to the

Bill of Rights that succinctly enumerates the

security of our Divinely given Rights. One of

those Rights is that to Keep and Bear Arms.

Legislation recently passed in the State of New

York outlaws the AR15 and many other firearms,

and will make it illegal for the good and free

citizens of New York to own a large selection of

legal and safe firearms and magazines. We feel as

though the passage of this legislation exceeds

the authority granted to the government of New

York by its citizens, and violates the

Constitution of the United States, ignoring such

SCOTUS rulings as District of Columbia v. Heller

- 554, U.S. 570 of 2008, McDonald v. Chicago -

561 U.S. 3025 of 2010, and specifically the case

of United States v. Miller – 307 U.S. 174 of 1939.

Due the passing of this legislation, Olympic Arms

would like to announce that the State of New

York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law

Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the

State of New York, or any New York State

government entity or employee of such an entity -

will no longer be served as customers.

In short, Olympic Arms will no longer be doing

business with the State of New York or any

governmental entity or employee of such

governmental entity within the State of New York

- henceforth and until such legislation is

repealed, and an apology made to the good people

of the State of New York and the American people.

If the leaders of the State of New York are

willing to limit the right of the free and law

abiding citizens of New York to arm themselves as

they see fit under the Rights enumerate to all

citizens of the United State through the Second

Amendment, we feel as though the legislators and

government entities within the State of New York

should have to abide by the same restrictions.

This action has caused a division of the people

into classes: Those the government deems valuable

enough to protect with modern firearms, and those

whose lives have been deemed as having less

value, and whom the government has decided do not

deserve the right to protect themselves with the

same firearms. Olympic Arms will not support such

behavior or policy against any citizen of this great nation.

Olympic Arms invites all firearms manufacturers,

distributors and firearms dealers to join us in

this action to refuse to do business with the

State of New York. We must stand together, or we shall surely fall divided.

Sincerely,

Brian Schuetz

President

Olympic Arms, Inc.

• Like 3

Wow what a set of mixed feelings. On one hand, it sure is great to see an action aimed at state government that seems to be right on point. But as these different companies keep adding themselves to the list of ones that will refuse to service NYS government agencies, I have to wonder if it ever could get to the point where our law enforcement agencies will have their safety jeopardized. Man, I don't want that. My beef is with Cuomo and his merry band of gun banning politicians that signed that mess into law. I don't have any quarrel with the guys and gals that go out everyday and put their lives on the line for our safety. It seems like this law is being met with a scatter-gun when maybe it needs a little finer coverage and a little more careful aim.

Ya Doc because god forbid anything happening to an authority figure, Every things is fine as long as they can defend themselves but its screw the rest of New York's population, I hope every gun manufacturer joins in and black balls every agency that has anything to do with the government, If we cant have them then why do they need them, After all law abiding citizens are not gonna be causing the problems anyway and criminals don't have guns and obey every law right, I understand they are doing their jobs but if they stand up and enforce this law then morally they are as corrupt as our governments politicians, With out law enforcement our government cannot enforce these laws, And those officers who have sworn to uphold the constitution of the the state of New York and the United States of America are obligated to not follow any order that would infringe our rights given to us by the blood and deaths of our forefathers, So to me If these companies want to black ball the government then good for them, It actually puts a smile on my face that people our standing up for our rights,, That and police are not above the law supposedly so why should the be exempt,

• Like 1

Well said, wheelieman.....The govt. forces...aka police...are no better than the general public. You can be sure, however, that many will hide behind "only following orders...only doing my job" as they enforce Cuomo's new gun law.

Doc....Why worry about our police officiers being able to defend themselves?? Most currently have access to and use a variety of "assault weapons". We are already out-gunned by the govt. That's a sad state of affairs.

• Like 1

I would like to see every Police agency in New York openly state that they will not enforce this unconstitutional law, that was passed under the cover of darkness and in secret, by a dirty little self serving politician and his dirty little yes men.

Citizens face the same threats that police face and should be able to arm themselves appropriately.

I would like to see every Police agency in New York openly state that they will not enforce this unconstitutional law, that was passed under the cover of darkness and in secret, by a dirty little self serving politician and his dirty little yes men.

Citizens face the same threats that police face and should be able to arm themselves appropriately.

The police actually face less danger than a civilian would. A police offer has a choice to engage a criminal if he chose to most of the time, as criminals generally avoid cops because they are armed. Not so for the general public.

Well, you guys can engage in your little "I hate the cops" campaign, but frankly I know a few cops and they are decent guys with families who everyday take on challenges that can turn to life threatening situations at any time. I personally have no interest in them getting gunned down because they were outgunned as a result of some mis-directed protest. These guys didn't pass that law, and in most cases aren't even in favor of it. No cop has ever done me wrong, and absolutely none of them have ever done anything to me that would make me want to see them not return home to their families because they couldn't get adequate firearms.

I'm leaving the police out of this argument. It is not their job to determine constitutionality. They aren't educated in constitutional law, and it is not their place to get involved in law-making. That sort of thing is decided by the courts. Also, there is no need to expect them to sacrifice more than any of us are willing to do. Is there anybody here that is giving up their livlihood as a protest against this law? That's what you are asking the cops to do.

Well, you guys can engage in your little "I hate the cops" campaign, but frankly I know a few cops and they are decent guys with families who everyday take on challenges that can turn to life threatening situations at any time. I personally have no interest in them getting gunned down because they were outgunned as a result of some mis-directed protest. These guys didn't pass that law, and in most cases aren't even in favor of it. No cop has ever done me wrong, and absolutely none of them have ever done anything to me that would make me want to see them not return home to their families because they couldn't get adequate firearms.

I hope you are not including me in your "hate the cops nonsense". A was a cop for 27 years (on the street, not a desk ornament ) and I just retired on January 18th. I love cops and know exactly what they deal with every day. I have seen things , every day that you never will. My point is that citizens face the same threats that police do and I think any cop would agree. So if you included me in you last post..... F -YOU! If not ....sorry.

• Like 1

I hope you are not including me in your "hate the cops nonsense". A was a cop for 27 years (on the street, not a desk ornament ) and I just retired on January 18th. I love cops and know exactly what they deal with every day. I have seen things , every day that you never will. My point is that citizens face the same threats that police do and I think any cop would agree. So if you included me in you last post..... F -YOU! If not ....sorry.

I'm including anyone who thinks it's a good idea to send law enforcement personel out to do their jobs without the latest weapons because they can't buy any. I don't know whether you are reading any of the posts that are showing up on here, but I am amazed that anyone would suggest that it is alright to punish cops by with-holding the means to defend themselves. Especially since they have absolutely nothing to do with the passage of the law that people are protesting.

Also, it may not have occurred to you, but I am the only one here sticking up for the cops. I suggest that you go back and read my comment a little more carefully and slowly.

I'm including anyone who thinks it's a good idea to send law enforcement personel out to do their jobs without the latest weapons because they can't buy any. I don't know whether you are reading any of the posts that are showing up on here, but I am amazed that anyone would suggest that it is alright to punish cops by with-holding the means to defend themselves. Especially since they have absolutely nothing to do with the passage of the law that people are protesting.

Also, it may not have occurred to you, but I am the only one here sticking up for the cops. I suggest that you go back and read my comment a little more carefully and slowly.

I don't think any topic on this board is complete until it turns on the police, alot of angry people out there, they need to blame someone.......I guess they don't realize that Police have had exemptions from certain gun laws forever, all of a sudden it's a problem.

It may not occur to you that I am one of the few people on this site who consistently stands up for cops. Go back and read my prior posts slowly and more carefully. I would never want cops to go out on the road under gunned. My point is that citizens face the same threats that police officers do, yet they are restricted from having the same fire power. Do you think that a cop who has a 15 shot Glock, as a duty weapon, goes home, to his family, after his shift and strips his mags down to 7 rounds? Do you think they would leave their departmental AR's in the trunks of their cars out in the drive way??

I am all for these gun companies making a statement, and thats all this is. Police agencies will always be well armed, one way or another. It might end up costing them more to get the weapons they want, but they will get them and I'm all for it.

It may not occur to you that I am one of the few people on this site who consistently stands up for cops. Go back and read my prior posts slowly and more carefully. I would never want cops to go out on the road under gunned. My point is that citizens face the same threats that police officers do, yet they are restricted from having the same fire power. Do you think that a cop who has a 15 shot Glock, as a duty weapon, goes home, to his family, after his shift and strips his mags down to 7 rounds? Do you think they would leave their departmental AR's in the trunks of their cars out in the drive way??

I am all for these gun companies making a statement, and thats all this is. Police agencies will always be well armed, one way or another. It might end up costing them more to get the weapons they want, but they will get them and I'm all for it.

I can't really figure out why you seem to be determined to be identified with my comments about cop bashing posts. Not everything is about you. I think I have been quite clear as to what replies my comments were aimed at, and yet you seem to be bent on inserting yourself into something that clearly had nothing to do with your post or mine. I will say that if you can't take the time to correctly read what I am saying, I really am getting tired of repeating myself, and probably won't do it again.

As far as relative threats and danger between cops and myself, I will say that it is not part of my daily occupation and activities to go out to locate and apprehend drug dealers, murderers, rapists and gang bangers, so if the cops need to be a bit better armed than I am, I suppose I have no problem with that. I have no idea why you chose to fly off on that particular tangent as it has absolutely nothing to do with anything that I said. But just to keep you on point, I will once again re-state that if someone is threatening their supply of weapons to do their job, I don't think that's a good thing. And if this action does not threaten the supply of weapons to law enforcement personel, then it is indeed a meaningless empty gesture. So that's why I said at the beginning that I have mixed feelings about all this. I do not want to see the supply of weapons to law enforcement personel curtailed, but I do like the statement that these companies are trying to make about this new gun law to the individuals who proposed and passed the law. That's as clear as I can make it.

I also like the the gesture that these companies are making and as I stated earlier, I would never want to send law enforcement out on the road, under armed. Police agencies will find a way to properly arm their people.

My point, again, is that citizens should not be restricted when it comes to protecting themselves and their families just like police officers shouldn't be. I don't know how I'm making this about myself.??

I saw a video of cops after Katrina going door to door confiscating weapons and kicking in doors to do so. At what point do cops have a duty to stand up to tyrant politicians and say "NO" I won't do that to my fellow american ? Cuomo or Oboma might give the order to search your house some day soon. If you say cops are mindless and need to follow orders I say you are wrong.

Edited by Chevy

I also like the the gesture that these companies are making and as I stated earlier, I would never want to send law enforcement out on the road, under armed. Police agencies will find a way to properly arm their people.

My point, again, is that citizens should not be restricted when it comes to protecting themselves and their families just like police officers shouldn't be. I don't know how I'm making this about myself.??

The point about people having adequate individual home protection is not even a point that anyone is disputing, so I guess you are simply arguing with yourself.

Also, you keep insinuating that my comments about the cop bashing were aimed at you. That to the point where you told me, "F-YOU". ..... Nice classy touch by the way. And even though I was very clear in my original comment as well as a couple of times following as to which posts I was talking about, you kept coming back arguing the point. That is going way out of your way to try to make it all about you, even when it has been made clear that it is not. Frankly I am getting tired of it. If you want to start a fight, try starting it with somebody that actually disagrees with you.

First i would like to thank olympic arms for looking after their customer base and doing what they can to speak for we the people. second i hope the rest of the industry follows suit. barrett did the same in california but no one else followed, a very good jesture but hollow if no else participates. third, i support the police, local and state, encon as well but they are the government. these laws (safe act, insurance act) are being passed with complete disregard of my rights and wishes. i am collateral damage so do not ask me for sympathy for the government or it agencys when some one out side this declining state makes a stand and sticks up for me as the little guy.

The point about people having adequate individual home protection is not even a point that anyone is disputing, so I guess you are simply arguing with yourself.

Also, you keep insinuating that my comments about the cop bashing were aimed at you. That to the point where you told me, "F-YOU". ..... Nice classy touch by the way. And even though I was very clear in my original comment as well as a couple of times following as to which posts I was talking about, you kept coming back arguing the point. That is going way out of your way to try to make it all about you, even when it has been made clear that it is not. Frankly I am getting tired of it. If you want to start a fight, try starting it with somebody that actually disagrees with you.

In my " F-YOU " comment i said

that if you were not referring to me "Sorry" I think maybe you are just a little too full of yourself....But thats just me....

Edited by ants

Who was bashing the police, I just think that its wrong that they can carry to "defend the people" but i'm not allowed to carry to defend myself, Its the leaders of this state and country that i'm having a problem with, I have family who currently hold the position of Under Sheriff and several others in law enforcement positions as well as more than a few good friends who are police, I want nothing bad to happen to them and i hope when the time comes to decide where their loyalties lie to the people or the government i just hope they choose whats right not whats financially motivating, The only way this very unjust law is gonna get overturned is if enough people in this state hate it enough to continue to be vocal and stand up for their rights, If they strip are 2nd amendment rights what other rights will they try and take or twist to fit their needs, That's why this is so important, Ya losing the guns sucks but the rest of our rights are at stake as well, They are something i will not sit by and watch be stripped from me or any other citizen, JMHO.