DIY turkey blind

Well my inventor brain cells are certainly running today!!!

I did some welding this past week for a friend, making some hay feeders out of wire 16ft hog panels... anyhow when i was done i had a piece left over... i was already thinking about turkey season coming soon and so looking at the panel leftovers gave me an idea for a PERFECT blind... i took the bolt cutters and cut the piece in half and then bent both pieces i got into a (__) shape then i used some leftover camo burlap i got at walmart and ziptied it on... i didnt have enough to completely finish the one or do the other one but hopefully its enough so you can get the idea... also the way i cut it i made it so there are exposed 4 inch or so long points all along the bottom so i can push it into the ground...

post-2634-0-09390500-1361229789_thumb.jp

post-2634-0-70016300-1361229801_thumb.jp

post-2634-0-56413100-1361229830_thumb.jp

post-2634-0-14750200-1361229854_thumb.jp

• Like 1

You have too much free time on your hands.

LOL no actually various members on here can vouch for me being a hard worker (right guys?) its just while im working im also thinking up ideas..... didnt you hear how i came up w this idea? it was while i was doing some custom welding for another member on here (BigBuckBoy) these were some of the scrap material i had left over...

Hey, that'll work!

Way to use your thinker Joe! They'll never know what hit 'em! :pleasantry:

LOL i sure am HOPING they dont know what hits em!!!! thanks for that turkey load Dan!! sure hope i get to use it!!!

That looks great, Joe..

There ought to be lots of good places for you to use a blind, considering the big fields, pastures and edges around your area..

Yeah i think it should work great.... esp. when i dont have a tree to sit against (THAT makes me mad!!! a PERFECT spot and no tree to sit by)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You have too much free time on your hands.

id rather see a 15 year old kid get creative and construct things that require them to use their head then to see them waste their life away on video games... free time put to good use :)

good job joe, looks great!

i may build something like this not just for turkey but also bow hunting. i hunt alot from the ground and this may help conceal a bit of movement!

I want to build a roundbale blind style one sometime this summer... (like these)

post-2634-0-96959600-1368152408.jpeg

post-2634-0-69328500-1368152435.jpeg

post-2634-0-17415600-1368152444.jpeg

these that I built work great but I didnt use them much cause I tagged out by the third time I hunted this season... LOL not that its a bad thing!!!

id rather see a 15 year old kid get creative and construct things that require them to use their head then to see them waste their life away on video games... free time put to good use :)

good job joe, looks great!

+1

LOL Its not JUST my free time!!! I can honestly say that i could prob call myself a total hunting fanatic... I kinda think of it this way: I have a filter in my mind that I run Everything thru... and it tries to figure out how I could use this or that for hunting... Im ALWAYS trying to think up new/better ways to hunt!!! LOL

Thanks!!!

I need to take/post some in the field pics...

• Like 1

That is homemade, hog panels, i did frame the two ends of the blind just for support and to add the door, and the bottom is obvisously wood. some zip ties, a large tarp, and the hay material is from a landscaping company i purchased it online, its used to for erosion control, its cheap. Im really happy with it so far and really getting my use out of it now for turkey season.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...