Gobbler's

noodle one

Just made a trip down to the store and on the way back I took the back road. to see if any thing was moving. Had a flock of gobbler's cross in front of me. There was a doz or so birds, half jakes and the others looked to be two year olds.Glad to see them ,because the last two seasons were real slow around here. It got the blood pumping.

• Like 5

I've been hearing gobblers for the better part of two weeks now. I hope they know to hold on till May. I've seen several large flocks at my farms, more than the past few years. My hope is that just two stick around for me. Got skunked last year. I am going to NC for opening day in April, to the highest concentration of birds in the state.

several gobbler flocks are around here one has 3 monsters in it old birds very long hooked spurs(never been a big beard person), of course as soon as snow melts they will dispurse, population is down from late 90's but always enough birds around. lots of jakes from good hatch last year, so youth hunter should have a lot of fun, looking forward to the weekend guiding.

Just made a trip down to the store and on the way back I took the back road. to see if any thing was moving. Had a flock of gobbler's cross in front of me. There was a doz or so birds, half jakes and the others looked to be two year olds.Glad to see them ,because the last two seasons were real slow around here. It got the blood pumping.

same here in lower Ulster county this week, bout 20-30 birds stopped me from going tdown the road. Hop its a better season than last year. I dodnt know if you got a fresh 4 inchs of white stuff like we got right now but if you did give it a day or 2 and head out look for tracks...if there are around you will know.