Police Confiscate Man’s Guns Over Son’s Water Pistol Threat

Interesting.  I just learned about this on Sunday.  I was doing a clean-up day at my outdoor archery club with a bunch of other members.  My group of five were assigned to put up some fencing.  While we worked, we discussed firearms, ammo shortage, pistol licensing and one member told us this story of how his buddy was losing all of his firearms due to something his young boy said at school, and now here it is in print.

Years ago I had a discussion with my kids about our guns.  They are not to be discussed with others outside of our, "circle of trust".  I'll update that discussion again.  This country is getting absurd.

There needs to be some punitive legal recourse to such arbitrary and clearly illegal reactions to this lunacy. Perhaps this points out some needed legislation that any of our pro-gun legislators should be urged to write. It is about time that gun owners receive some fundamental legal protection against anti-gun hysteria.

I'm serious, this sort of mindless bias is inexcuseable and should be made illegal with penalties that are significant. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy may have a whole list of civil actions against a bunch of individuals involved in that whole incident...... if he has the stones to push it.

The Drama club at the school I work for just had a school play over this past weekend. in the play 2 people had a orange water pistol each and "ACTED" shooting another in an assassination plot.. Even had the sound effects and all...... I guess my school isnt filled with those yuppy folk

The other half of the problem is the lawsuits that follow whenever something happens regardless of who's really at fault.........I'm sure that following the Sandyhook tragedy that lawsuits will be filed against the people who sold the guns to the shooters mother regardless of whether or not the sales were legal, the school, the gun manufacturers, you name it.......this country is swamped in frivolous lawsuits and the people who are scared to death of them.

People in this country  (progun people), Really need to stop talking about this shit !!! Stand up CALL your politicians and keep calling them because emails and letters are bullshit. Tell them you want to be protected under the U.S. Costitution and the need to get legislation passed to protect that right. enough of this facebook,youtube and whinning and crying ..Make your calls now. I'm sorry but it will not change unless we all stand up together and bug the shit out of these fools that think they are in charge !!

This is one more reminder that the police are anti-gun lackeys with no concern for personal freedoms/civil rights of Americans.

That is just BS. From all the cops I know, they are all pro 2nd amendment.

That is the way things are done in Suffolk. If there is an allegation, the pistol permit is pulled, and an investigation is performed. That is just the way it is.

Is it right? No. Is it going to change in this political climate? You tell me.

Mr. Mayer got his pistol permit suspended based on an allegation. It is a sad state of affairs.

That is just BS. From all the cops I know, they are all pro 2nd amendment.

That is the way things are done in Suffolk. If there is an allegation, the pistol permit is pulled, and an investigation is performed. That is just the way it is.

Is it right? No. Is it going to change in this political climate? You tell me.

Mr. Mayer got his pistol permit suspended based on an allegation. It is a sad state of affairs.

If you recall, a few years back that same dept was at a home for an incident and one of the residents had a pistol permit and pistols. They had no reason or saw no reason to seize them and didn't..........fast forward, the guy robs a pharmacy and kills 4 people with his licensed, legally owned handgun, the result? million dollar lawsuits against the dept. from all victims families.............damned if you do, damned if you don't.