Few pics from 2012

Hey all. New to the forum. Figured I'd share a couple pics I had kicking around on my phone here.

D115B0B3-6553-41FD-A1E5-46CA3B9AF01E-803

3F6613CB-8792-4165-BA10-C063622ED628-803

8991E45D-9A5E-49B7-850B-0FD081A0AABA-803

That's the biggest buck I had on my camera from last year here in NY. Never saw him during the day but hoping that with the addition of food plots this year I can catch a glimpse of him and hoping he grew.

Now here's a few bucks from my camera setup in Illinios

B5AD3402-2447-43CB-BF19-4D5DB3817121-803

0381243F-086E-4088-BD65-9DF67D9B4576-803

All pics were takin with a Reconyx camera.

Thanks guys. Ya the bottom two are from pike county Illinios. I used to guide out west so I have pictures stacked up on my laptop that would take days to go through lol. I'll try to fish out a couple more and show ya'll. I have some pretty cool ones of bucks making scrapes and fighting and other random animals making guest appearances.

The top 3 are all the same buck, right? They all have a slit ear.<br /><br />Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Not sure if that was in response to my post but..........

Yea, that is correct.  Just something about that picture that got me.

Yes the top 3 pics are all of the same buck. Just different angles and distance.

Geno. I do not recommend heartland lodge at all. That's actually exactly who I worked for out there lol. They suck. The owner is only in it for the money. They used to be alot better but they have lost alot of their best leased land and put no effort or money into getting new leases or food plots. It's all about how many hunters they can run through there each season. Which is a huge reason why I didn't like working for them. I wanted to work for a outfit that truly cared about the client and didn't treat them like a profit margin. And their best and longest last guide will not be working there anymore (not me lol) for reasons like I've stated. He had a farm with them for many years and had alot of success and alot of the repeat clients all went with him for a reason. But from what he's told me that farm may not be in the picture anymore and it was their best one. So he's gone now. I forgot the name of the new outfit he's working for out there but I can call him and find out. He's the guy you wanna be with in Pike county. I can also talk to a few of my other guide buddies and see who they recommend.

On a side note: I personally recommend hunting Kansas over Illinios. Not saying like county isn't good cause it deffinatly is. But I had much better deer success in Kansas. Pike county is know by millions. Therefore it's hunted VERY hard. The hunting pressure is insane out there. Especially with big outfits like Heartland that only give guides X amount of stands and we have to run 2-3 guys a week on them and keep doing it for 2.5 months. You can only move a stand so many times before you run out of good options on a 200-400 acre farm. I've found that Kansas is much less pressured and the hunts seem to be more enjoyable for everyone I guided. That and I see hunts costing MUCH less in Kansas Vs IL. I'm not trying to tell you where to go I just figured I'd offer up my personal experience. Either way I hope you have a good trip and a successful one no matter where you go!

Funny you say kansas because that was my number one pick right there with Iowa but Iowa was a draw state. I would love to hunt Kansas... Damn! I was hoping you would tell me something good about heartland! Very disappointed lol, but thanks for your input. What do you suggest in Kansas? And if you talk to any of your guide buddies let me know what they recommend in Illinois. I don't want to go to a place where they cycle their stands way to often with multiple hunters. I want an experience where it's not pressured much and I may have the chance at a 140 or better. I see 130s here on LI every year, still trying to close the gap on one since these deer here are very skidish and always look up no matter what but I'll figure it out haha. But if I'm paying the cash I want an experience I can't get here or at least something I havnt gotten here anyways.

Funny you say kansas because that was my number one pick right there with Iowa but Iowa was a draw state. I would love to hunt Kansas... Damn! I was hoping you would tell me something good about heartland! Very disappointed lol, but thanks for your input. What do you suggest in Kansas? And if you talk to any of your guide buddies let me know what they recommend in Illinois. I don't want to go to a place where they cycle their stands way to often with multiple hunters. I want an experience where it's not pressured much and I may have the chance at a 140 or better. I see 130s here on LI every year, still trying to close the gap on one since these deer here are very skidish and always look up no matter what but I'll figure it out haha. But if I'm paying the cash I want an experience I can't get here or at least something I havnt gotten here anyways.

Geno - Have you thought about Canada? Lots of outfitters with high success rates on big whitetails. I have never hunted deer in Canada because the season is November (busy season at work).

Geno - Have you thought about Canada? Lots of outfitters with high success rates on big whitetails. I have never hunted deer in Canada because the season is November (busy season at work).

i have thought about it forsure... just always wanted to hunt the mid west. ive never hunted outside of NY before so im going to start doing some searching for some outfitters. ADKhunter PMd a place in Kansas i will look into. 

super bucks there and also thanks for the Illinois info.  after hunting that state for 3 years I feel you are spot on about the hunting pressure. I did have success there 1 year with a nice buck but boy that was a difficult situation to get a shot as the buck was also extremely wary even during the rut and was hesitant with every step while he closed the distance.

last year I hunted Pike for the first time and was very surprised about the how extremely wary the deer were there. Much worse than the other counties I hunted previously. The does moved so slowly looking around with every step that I likened it to clearing a mine field. The farm I hunted was also not far from Hadley Creek and I'm sure that didn't help either. I would also be interested in another mid west option like Kansas. Hey Geno, maybe me and my NY hunting buddy could team up with you. Are you going bow or gun? We normally do bow season.