Going to get a new BBQ, might just bite the bullet and get a Weber.

burmjohn

Just got done cooking on our brand new Weber "spirit" grill. Bought it at Home Depot for $400.00. I almost bought the Brinkman infrared grill but fell for the Weber name. The nice thing about the infrared grill was a pan that slid on top of the burner tubes preventing grease flare ups and protecting the tubes . The one fault of the Weber grill is that the tank goes in an enclosed cabinet but the tank sits on the ground. So when you move the grill , the tank scrapes on the ground. Should have inspected it better before I bought it. Hectorbuckbuster can probably attest to it.

Just got done cooking on our brand new Weber "spirit" grill. Bought it at Home Depot for $400.00. I almost bought the Brinkman infrared grill but fell for the Weber name. The nice thing about the infrared grill was a pan that slid on top of the burner tubes preventing grease flare ups and protecting the tubes . The one fault of the Weber grill is that the tank goes in an enclosed cabinet but the tank sits on the ground. So when you move the grill , the tank scrapes on the ground. Should have inspected it better before I bought it. Hectorbuckbuster can probably attest to it.

The tank sits on the ground. Just doesn't sound right. Are you sure the tank doesn't hang on something, that tells you how full the tank is?

Our propane grill will undoubtedly last forever .... lol. It's still sitting in the shed .... unused. We have gone back to charcoal, and if there is a lot of time, I prefer a good bed of coals from a wood fire. It's a flavor preference thing.

The tank sits on the ground. Just doesn't sound right. Are you sure the tank doesn't hang on something, that tells you how full the tank is?

I must be a dope......I did see something related to a propane gauge inside the cabinet. I was in a hurry today so I just hooked up the tank.

It does sit in a circular opening though. Have to go check it out.....................many thanks Jim335 !

• Like 1

I saw that the tank hangs on bracket that's attached to a scale inside the cabinet. This scale indicates how much fuel there is left in the tank. You were absolutely right....I appreciate your post. Thanks again ! Maybe next time I'll look over the owners manual.

• Like 1

There is a clamp tight setup on the Weber Spirit that holds the tank up. I must say this is not the best setup as its small under there and hard to hang a heavy tank.

I found this out the hard way. Why do you think there is a circular hole in the cabinet floor if it hangs on a bracket ? Maybe not all the Weber models come with a scale ? Thanks for your reply.

I have a Brinkman that cost about $170 3 years ago . It's a POS . I have never used the side burner . It has brackets that feed the gas from the main burner to the other burners and one of them has rusted and burned away . I was pricing a new unit and checking the Consumer Reports book and decided to try to make a part . I had some galvanized sheet metal and made a part that works . I had to make it twice as the 1st one didn't work too well .

consumer report has the Weber Spirit SP-320 rated tops ( $600 )

Vermont Castings is 2nd ( $1200 ) ......probably the one Doc has in his shed

Brinkman 810-2545 is one of the "best buys" ( $260 )

I always liked the circular side burners for when we lose power. At least I can make hot water for instant coffee because we have an electric oven. Went out and bought a Generac generator this year so that problem is solved. They had Brinkman grills selling at Home Depot for $99.00 during the Memorial Day weekend. I think they were the 4 burner models and they were flying out of the store. Home Depot said it was a manufacture defect.....something to do with the color.