Found a pot field while hunting...

G-Hunter

And there's no risk on my end, How would they know what name I am on huntingny.com?  And how would they track me down based off a trail cam even if they obtained by face with a crystal clear photo?  I don't drive to my locations so the plates arent available for them.  That's obviously not my real address posted above, it was to spite who I was responding to as a joke.  This is what I mean by there is no risk.

Ok so you don't drive to the statelands, those "Bad People" could very well be your neighbors or atleast know your face. Then there's the possibility of being framed by "The Bad People" with a picture of you standing over 60+ plants, but if you're not worried then neither am I.

You may see my pointing out these possible scenarios as being over cautious or that I'm trying to prove something, but truth is my hypervigilance keeps me aware of my surroundings and on point for threats and causes me to be a badass hunter! B)

Sure, I see a few of these spots every year and I know that some people actually camp out to watch their plants.

Ok so you don't drive to the statelands, those "Bad People" could very well be your neighbors or atleast know your face. Then there's the possibility of being framed by "The Bad People" with a picture of you standing over 60+ plants, but if you're not worried then neither am I.

You may see my pointing out these possible scenarios as being over cautious or that I'm trying to prove something, but truth is my hypervigilance keeps me aware of my surroundings and on point for threats and causes me to be a badass hunter! B)

Sure, I see a few of these spots every year and I know that some people actually camp out to watch their plants.

I drive to nearby locations then hike miles and miles in to where I've found these fields.  I don't have neighbors where I live, they never saw my face lol.  

& I'm sure youre a badass hunter I'm not doubting that for a second, but there's no worry on my end.  They can frame me if they want but it'd never hold up in court, as there's no proof that their plants are mine.  I was hunting with my gear and came across them, it's not like I was watering them or carrying them back to destroy.  Framing is simply impossible in this scenario.  

Being cautious is a good thing, but being paranoid is another.  Thanks for the concern though, I appreciate it man

My own land- I'd put up a trail cam & a sign that says "Please grow your dope somewhere else, you are being watched".

A friend's land or a place I have permission- tell the owner, and let him deal with it.

Public land- nothing.

Good advice Uncle NIcky

you guys also probably have no idea what a single good pot plant can bring in cash... average? $3k. so again, right or wrong, next time you destroy a pot plant or several, think about what you might do if someone took all that dough out of your pocket. fwiw, i realize i'm coming across as defending the farmer. I've never grown in my life, I just dont see the crime with weed. Find a meth trailer? burn that sh!t down!

• Like 1

you guys also probably have no idea what a single good pot plant can bring in cash... average? $3k. so again, right or wrong, next time you destroy a pot plant or several, think about what you might do if someone took all that dough out of your pocket. fwiw, i realize i'm coming across as defending the farmer. I've never grown in my life, I just dont see the crime with weed. Find a meth trailer? burn that sh!t down!

Very true Belo, and you have your right to an opinion so I'm not mad at you for defending the growers out there.  If someone took 30 g's from me I'd probably kill them and move to another state.  Point taken, I'll be careful next time I come across another grow like that one lol

Memo to self...Keep this years crop off the state land. Maybe over near the Joe Martin farm would be a good spot!    Gotta say i have never heard of the root balls thing!

SURE we can expand my plot to 4 acres instead of 2... plus a couple of my buddies plots could use expanding...

JK

• Like 1

This thread got me talking to a few ppl...I found out that there may be more worries in NYS than before about such activities....for the Mexican cartel has set up shop in the Adirondacks....Not talking good ole boys or the local home grown but crap like what is happening out west...so I would caution any one visiting the back woods ...this all freaked me out a bit ...for this afternoon while shopping I noticed a very unusual amount of Mexican nationals in the grocery store...usually a sight during harvest not in the spring....might want to keep an eye out on Rattle Snake Hill as well...hhhmmmm

This thread got me talking to a few ppl...I found out that there may be more worries in NYS than before about such activities....for the Mexican cartel has set up shop in the Adirondacks....Not talking good ole boys or the local home grown but crap like what is happening out west...so I would caution any one visiting the back woods ...this all freaked me out a bit ...for this afternoon while shopping I noticed a very unusual amount of Mexican nationals in the grocery store...usually a sight during harvest not in the spring....might want to keep an eye out on Rattle Snake Hill as well...hhhmmmm

I have been in some spots on the hill the would make a great grow area!  They have to be here in the spring to plant so they can be there to harvest in the fall! 

Yeah they're up near the Indian Reservation so just don't go up there to hunt.  They run that area, cops don't even like going there because it always ends in a shoot out.  I wouldn't worry about anywhere else though, they're really as common as you'd think in NY.  Just up north.  Out west they set up shop in Humboldt County and have really taken over there, ruining the forest with their chemicals and leaving garbage behind like fools.  I can't wait til the stuff is legalized so it puts them out of business and they stop killing innocent hikers/hunters to protect their crop

Edited by G-Hunter

I have been in some spots on the hill the would make a great grow area!  They have to be here in the spring to plant so they can be there to harvest in the fall! 

I wouldn't talk about growing cannabis on this site... keep it to yourself if you do grow it and don't speak of your locations especially.  Loose lips sink ships.... 

But yeah I'm guessing they have to prep their sites and do a lot of work in the pre-season since their operations are in the 5,000+ plant range LOL

It's crunch time!  ;)

I am from cwhite's area right outside the adirondacks and the biggest crops the Mexican come up here to harvest is spinach and potatoes. Most of the grow operations around here are just local hillbillies. Our biggest contributors smuggle it among other things down from Canada. I would much rather see them just smuggling pot instead of all the other crap they are bringing in and not just from Canada.

All I can say is what I've been told and believe it or not...I do talk to a lot of different and diverse ppl.....I don't visit the Daks but from what was said...it makes perfect sense to me...I don't know anything about shoot outs and such...but they apparently have some lets say elaborate boobie traps they use....That said never a bad thing to be opened eyed when in state forests.. or any place you don't normally go..

I'll give an example...the guys are in a ski resort....cousin took them to a local bar...he lives out in Colorado...talking high end...They are looking around watch ppl...noticing a lot of tatts when it dawned on them one particular one keeps showing up...16...when they realize the place has a large # of gang members in it....This had never occurred to them...being where they were...but made them very mindful of words and actions until they left

i'm not saying that who you're talking to is wrong.... but you also can't always believe everything you hear. I would not change any of my activities based on rumors of the mexican cartel being in the adirondacks. You can always be in the wrong place at the wrong time and witness something you shouldn't. If you live your life like that you'll never get out of your house and enjoy life.

and for what it's worth, 81 is an excellent supply line from the north and south. There's no reason to grow locally when you have that ability.

Edited by Belo

Your rt....but as I pointed out in the above post  It is always a good thing to keep your eyes open and be aware where ever you go now days...personally...I'd be more nervous about remote meth labs or even dog fighting places...but that's the sort of thing they've found around these hills....

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha...  Mexican Cartels invading the ADK's for the growing potential....  Pretty sure I would have heard about that by now. 

I think they're mistaking Mexican Cartels for the Indians that grow massive quantities up at the Indian Reservation.  The Mexicans could have taken over up there but I haven't heard anything of the sort either, and my guess is that the Indians would never allow that.... or at least take it lying down.  To my knowledge it's all Indian territory still.  Mexicans go to Humboldt because they can get away with a few 10,000 plant ops.  You can't pull that off in NY I know that for sure lol

One thing for sure, any high end pot growing operation in this state wouldn't last long. Heck I have at least 3 police forces right here in my little town and can't drive more than a mile without seeing two patrol cars any day of the week. Cant complain, NY has become one tough place for the bad guys to make a living. They can do much better in other states.