Crossbow use?

apoallo

If the NY bowhunters were really that concerned about "their" deer or "their" season they would strongly advocate the use of crossbows which are inherintly more accurate by design and beginning hunters would be more accurately killing deer instead of flinging arrows all over the woods and wounding and not recovering deer.A crossbow would make the perfect beginner or older person outfit then down the line they could switch up to a vertical bow as they become more efficient.

In fact a person wishing to bowhunt might even have to partake in an "apprentice" program where they HAVE to shoot a crossbow first and show proficiency and tag a deer before they can even get a vertical bow tag, which would result in better deer recovery AND provide an extra tag.

Anyone with me on this?

lmao_260666-250x.jpeg

love how my original thread quickly changed. sounds like the start to another xbow/vertical bow debate. can someone please close this thread I dont want to get notification post reply's for a debate.

any mention of the dreaded world changing crossbow will lead to this. It is a monster that must be slayed in order for nations to survive.

BTW, you can turn off those e-mails notifications.

In my honest opinion, the crossbow is nothing like a gun whatsoever. No powder, no bullet.  String, Arrow, Sharp Pointed Tip.

A crossbow has a stock like a gun , has a fore grip like a gun , it's aimed horizontally like a gun , has a scope like a gun , has a trigger like a gun and has a trigger guard like a gun. Still think the crossbow is nothing like a gun whatsoever ? By the way , crossbows shoot bolts not arrows .

Nothing like a gun. Everyone entitled to their own opinion. I'll be out there on 10/1 with my xbow spot and stalk while your sitting in tree.

That's where bow hunters normally hunt from.....trees. Stalking game is normally done with firearms.

A crossbow has a stock like a gun , has a fore grip like a gun , it's aimed horizontally like a gun , has a scope like a gun , has a trigger like a gun and has a trigger guard like a gun. Still think the crossbow is nothing like a gun whatsoever ? By the way , crossbows shoot bolts not arrows .

You should just learn to sit back and enjoy life alittle my friend. Getting all worked up over this crossbow stuff will make people think you are an Arschloch..

Nothing like a gun. Everyone entitled to their own opinion. I'll be out there on 10/1 with my xbow spot and stalk while your sitting in tree.

That's where bow hunters normally hunt from.....trees. Stalking game is normally done with firearms.

According to who? Many compound hunters never climb a tree. Come down from your tree and spot n stalk with me. It's fun.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

You should just learn to sit back and enjoy life alittle my friend. Getting all worked up over this crossbow stuff will make people think you are an Arschloch..

Say a prayer for me.....I can use all the prayers I can get .

According to who? Many compound hunters never climb a tree. Come down from your tree and spot n stalk with me. It's fun.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

"According to who "?  The vast majority of bow hunters in this country hunt from trees. It's the most productive way . If you don't know that or can't admit it.............well , I don't know what to tell ya.

If the NY bowhunters were really that concerned about "their" deer or "their" season they would strongly advocate the use of crossbows which are inherintly more accurate by design and beginning hunters would be more accurately killing deer instead of flinging arrows all over the woods and wounding and not recovering deer.A crossbow would make the perfect beginner or older person outfit then down the line they could switch up to a vertical bow as they become more efficient.

In fact a person wishing to bowhunt might even have to partake in an "apprentice" program where they HAVE to shoot a crossbow first and show proficiency and tag a deer before they can even get a vertical bow tag, which would result in better deer recovery AND provide an extra tag.

Anyone with me on this?

Right up until the apprentice part, I was with you. After that point, not at all and I too, am in strong favor of full inclusion.

Vertical bows are aimed in the exact same way with a peep and sight. Vertical Bows can also utilize scopes, and also utilize triggers. Vertical bows can use rests, just like a crossbow. Crossbow "bolts" are arrows. Whats your point?

Vertical bows are aimed in the exact same way with a peep and sight. Vertical Bows can also utilize scopes, and also utilize triggers. Vertical bows can use rests, just like a crossbow. Crossbow "bolts" are arrows. Whats your point?

I was explaining the similarities between crossbows and guns.........not vertical bows as you call them. I guess you missed the point.

That's where bow hunters normally hunt from.....trees.  

Say it isn't so.

Why would a "true" bow hunter hunt from a tree?

That helps hide the draw from the deer (cheating) - and we hear regularly the opinion that is what makes a crossbow not archery.

I've killed more deer from the ground bowhunter, then from a tree.

And many of them with a recurve.

• Like 1

I was explaining the similarities between crossbows and guns.........not vertical bows as you call them. I guess you missed the point.

More similarities between a compound and a crossbow then between a recurve and a compound.

Just saying.

Say it isn't so.

Why would a "true" bow hunter hunt from a tree?

That helps hide the draw from the deer (cheating) - and we hear regularly the opinion that is what makes a crossbow not archery.

I've killed more deer from the ground bowhunter, then from a tree.

And many of them with a recurve.

I also gun hunt from a tree........am I still cheating ?

No, I knew what you were doing, I just pointed out that the same similarities you pointed out were also similarities between vertical bows and the crossbows and guns you mentioned. I guess it was you that missed the point.

Answer my question 1st - why would a true bowhunter want to hide the draw with anything other than skill?

Like in a tree - or in a ground blind.

I wont hold my breath for him to answer it, the honest answer would derail his line of reasoning.

Its ok, its looking like this discussion wont have to continue much longer anyway. Were gonna have rifles and crossbows in Ontario county this year with a little luck. Decisions decisions.....