Crossbow use?

apoallo

Yes.

Funny how the NYBowhunters organization was so against allowing xbows in "their" season, and they got their wish. Only problem is the xbow hunters get first crack at "their" deer now. Wonder how NYB will feel walking into their stand on 10/15 and finding gut piles everywhere.

Looks like the xbow season will be 10/1-10/15.

Regular archery will start on 10/15.

Late ML/Bow/Xbow will be as normal after the gun season.

Works for me!

Looks like I will have 2 less weeks of bow hunting . It shouldn't affect the areas I have to bow hunt as there won't be any cross bow hunting there .

Yes.

Funny how the NYBowhunters organization was so against allowing xbows in "their" season, and they got their wish. Only problem is the xbow hunters get first crack at "their" deer now. Wonder how NYB will feel walking into their stand on 10/15 and finding gut piles everywhere.

That makes you feel real good doesn't it? God, what ails you people? If there is any truth to your story .... if (and that's a big if) ..... that would totally justify the NYB position against crossbows. It would show that they were right all along about crossbows being a threat to bowhunting. And apparently that kind of tickles you ....lol. It kind of points out the anti-bowhunter attitudes of the crossbow crowd. Not really that much of a surprise.

That makes you feel real good doesn't it? God, what ails you people? If there is any truth to your story .... if (and that's a big if) ..... that would totally justify the NYB position against crossbows. It would show that they were right all along about crossbows being a threat to bowhunting. And apparently that kind of tickles you ....lol. It kind of points out the anti-bowhunter attitudes of the crossbow crowd. Not really that much of a surprise.

Doc,

Did you watch the town hall meeting? I think the deer are safe from those guys - crossbow or 7mm with a lazer sight...... Besides, you hunt further than 150 feet from houses don't ya...

Edited by mike rossi

What difference does it make how many hunters shoot each other with guns? If you  really look into the incidents, they are always associated with unsafe handling of the firearm. Always. You will never regulate these incidents out of existence and you will never legitimately use these stats as an argument against crossbow inclusion. Now if you were to find some stats showing that crossbow hunting incidents happen with higher frequency than vertical bow incidents, then you may have a legit argument. Good luck with that.

No matter how much you argue this, any rational person can clearly see the difference between a crossbow and a gun.

dude you keep missing my point. My original post was discussing with Joe and others how a crossbow is like a firearm. Safety has nothing to do with why I dont want xbows in archery. I've never used the argument in the million posts before, so why would I start now?

My point for the final time, and I'm dropping it, is that you can say a bow release is a "trigger" just like a gun or crossbow's, but it's really not. So stop trying to shoehorn facts into your crossbow agendas.

I think that anyone who cannot see that a crossbow is an intermediate weapon somewhere between a bow and a gun, is simply arguing for the sake of arguing. It is not a bow, and it is not a gun. And to all that I say ..... so what? Anybody got anymore insignificant meaningless minutia that they feel the need to argue about?

And anyone who cannot see a crossbow is archery equipment is arguing for the sake of arguing.

Or anyone who cannot see that it is far easier to be hunting proficient with a compound device than a recurve is arguing for the sake of arguing.

And blah, blah, blah, blah. 

• Like 2

And anyone who cannot see a crossbow is archery equipment is arguing for the sake of arguing.

Or anyone who cannot see that it is far easier to be hunting proficient with a compound device than a recurve is arguing for the sake of arguing.

And blah, blah, blah, blah. 

i like arguing. So riddle me this: In medieval times, when battlefields had "archers" using longbows or recurves and they also had soldiers using crossbows... Why did they call them "crossbowmen" and not "archers"?

if you accidentally pull your "bow trigger release" while in your stand; could you hit your hunting buddy or your foot?

No, actually a crossbow is it's own category of weapon which lies somewhere between a bow and a gun. But then, who really cares?

You still have to draw a bow and that makes it much harder to avoid detection and get the drop on game.  There might be some good arguments boding for crossbows, but I don't buy that one.

When have I ever said that a crossbow is not easier to aim or shoot than a bow? Never. You have taken my trigger comment completely out of context. Unless of course, you quoted the wrong thing?

You still have to draw a bow and that makes it much harder to avoid detection and get the drop on game.  There might be some good arguments boding for crossbows, but I don't buy that one.

Is it your argument again then?

If so, you think pop up blind with mesh should be limited?

Is it your argument again then?

If so, you think pop up blind with mesh should be limited?

No, I am not interested in the outcome of this issue, but I am put off by its presentation. Keep in mind though, I am not unlike any other neutral party, if one side makes erroneous arguments, they turn neutral people off. Drawing a bow on game is much more difficult than raising a crossbow to take your shot - anyone who has done just a little hunting knows that...  Denial of that is a put off.