Fawn Rescue

So last night when I got home from work, I heard a fawn crying across the street from my house (woods.) I continued to hear it on and off up until I went to sleep at 10:30pm. I just hoped that it's mom would come and find it again. So today, I get home from work and I hear it again coming from the same spot. At around 7 I decided to take a walk with my camera to see what the deal is. I walked only about 50 yards into the woods, through a maze of prickers and the crying was very loud and had an echo to it. Well, this little fella fell down about 3 feet into the bottom of an old shed or shack. It was about a 4'x4' foundation with an oil tank in it. I scared it when I walked up to it and it stopped crying and just watched me. I ran back to the house and told my mother to come check it out as I got it out. We were back 5 minutes later and I got into the hole with it and it was curled up with it's head on it's back. I tried to calm it but as soon as I tried to pick it up, it bleated and rammed itself into the wall. I scooped it up, posed for a quick photo, and tucked it 20 yards away under a big pricker bush in hopes that the mother will come back and get her tonight.

I still hear it crying about 30 minutes ago but at that same time, I saw a doe cross the street in a hurry and head that way and haven't head a peep since so I hope all is well.

post-568-0-55561200-1370654122_thumb.jpg

post-568-0-77572000-1370654554_thumb.jpg

Edited by blackradio
  • Like 5