what kind of deer is this?

cboy18

err shoulder???  Meat tends to fall off the bone in July...I do live in Chenango county though.... I hope I don't need to defend myself.  Haven't dropped one in 5 yrs,  waitin on big bucks or old does.  Plenty walk under me or by me.  had 19 walk by at 10 yds last fall but heard gruntin, last one was a doe tending. my bad! too late then.

err shoulder???  Meat tends to fall off the bone in July...I do live in Chenango county though.... I hope I don't need to defend myself.  Haven't dropped one in 5 yrs,  waitin on big bucks or old does.  Plenty walk under me or by me.  had 19 walk by at 10 yds last fall but heard gruntin, last one was a doe tending. my bad! too late then.

Don't defend, he is bored thats all lol

Thanks for the input all! I was a little concerned for a bit, but enough outside eyes have convinced me that it is just a big whiskered doe and a crazy camera shot.  Guess I should be more concerned about these rascals.

ugh. walking back by more orchard last night and my golden found a fawn bedded down. Dumb ass started chasing him and the poor thing was bleating like crazy. Stupid dog. Then I see either a big fox or a small yote cross my backyard this morning. Very unusual. And not very cool.

Belo...I keep a very good eye on our Angel...but once in a while she'll head out and not come right back when I call...Like it or not...that ='s an A whipping when she does come back...so in the spring I attache a cow bell to her collar...drives us all a bit crazy at first...but I know exactly were she is at all times and she doesn't like the sound either...so the wondering is kept to a minimal

We have lots of foxes running around and coyotes, but I don't worry about the foxes.. Neighbors with chickens do.  They will keep me from raising chickens. Coyotes are a pain. Had a coyote drag off a day old calf last yr.  We got her back but she didn't make it. Luckily she was a twin.  Now we get them in the barn or small pasture when they are ready to drop.  I am going to get into varmit hunting, but now they have all those rules on the scary guns that work well for them. 

I keep my dog on leash this time of yr. He is on shock collar when not, for his safety.  He is intact. Built a fence 10 ft from  a day old fawn this yr. never moved. pretty cool.  mom probably had fun getting to it.  cows busted another out moving them from one pasture to another.  It was funny watching them react to a little fawn hop up an run from them.  I was ready to sell the herd when I first saw the photo that started this topic.  Oh well hope I don't see anything that strange again.  Thanks for putting me at ease.

Oh and sorry predate.  I get a little touchy with poachers and trespassers.  They have been a bigger problem than coyotes in the past.  

Not a problem bud, I'm the same way.

I always keep the DEC tip line # in my phone.

Predator hunting is a blast and for me it is right up there with deer hunting. They are very smart, wary, and sneaky so hunting them is tough. A shotgun with #4 buckshot is deadly on yotes! I use a .22mag as well during deer season. If ya need another gunner or caller I hunt yotes in Whitney point,and Lisle alot. Gonna get back into trapping this year too.

Cboy18...my chicken coop is over a hundred yrds down in our woods...and the only thing to have killed them in the past was a weasel...I forgot to close the door to their out side run and it chewed the dbl layered chicken wire and squeezed thru...now I have 1/4 hard wire and nothing can get at them..