When the cabelas catalouge came in earlier this week i noticed the camo ive been looking to get. I like the sitka camo pattern because of the way it looks, but im concerned about if its worth the money to get a set of the camo. Does anyone use it in the woods or should i stick to the realtree styke camoflauge?

Edited by dirt_a_KISS

It's not sitka style camo...sitka has the license to use that camo, which I believe is owned by Goretex.

If you aren't hunting out west, then in most cases, that camo is probably more money than you need to spend. Some people do like the eastern-designed duds by sitka, but I can't bring myself (and I spend more money on hunting than any other passion besides life and family) to do that.

Look at Predator and ASAT camo. Much better than Realtree/Mossy Oak IMO.

I believe gor tex bought sitka. And the creator of sitka has opened a new company with a differenr pattern style of camo. Cant remember the name now but some pretty wild looking stuff. I have a few sitka things and I love them. Yes they are VERY pricy. No doubt about that. But the stuff holds up very well and is extremely comfortable and fits very well. All pockets and nick nacks are well placed and serve useful purposes. I got my stuff mostly because I was on their prostaff for a few years and got everything for a major discount or free. But the comfort level is a huge bonus to me. The camo pattern has worked very well for me. The timber series I think they were calling it works well when your high up in the trees especially in shade. I prefer the brown/tan colored stuff when on the ground. And its designed around a animal looking at you on level ground vs thw timber stuff is supposed to hide you at elevation. I recommend the stuff but I realize its out of many peoples price range. And It is for me too if I didn't get the discount. That new zone stuff from.cabelas looks nice and the asat stuff is good too. Under armour also makes reslly good stuff as well. It all comes down to what you wanna spend amd what's most comfortable to you. You can kill a deer in plaid and I still do sometimes. I have a wool set of red and black old school plaid pants and heavy jacket when it gets real cold and nasty out and I want to sit all day that I use. Still works to kill a deer

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I believe gor tex bought sitka. And the creator of sitka has opened a new company with a differenr pattern style of camo. Cant remember the name now but some pretty wild looking stuff.

KUIU is the name of the new company and they are making some great stuff.  It is cheaper than Sitka because he only sells directly through his website (kuiu.com) so there is no retailer mark-up.  It's the best hunting clothing I've ever worn, but it is still pricey. 

Yep that's the name! I knew I it was something like that lol. But ya I have heard its really nice stuff and a little cheaper too. I might have to get some and try it out. Can always use and extra pair of pants and a jacket right? Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2