Live from the stand 2010!

WNYBuckHunter

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im down in the poison ivy bottom this morning. Trying something a little different. Im standing in the middle of 5 trees that are bunched together. The trail I am watching is 25 yards across a creek. Ive seen a bunch of deer walking down that trail from @ 100 yards every time I have hunted down here so I figured I would try this once before gun opens. Seeing as I am on state land and this might be my last bow hunt, my 8 point rule is out the window lol.

Good luck to everyone on opening day! I wish I was there. Living in Colorado now.....

Have you all selected a #hashtag or keyword to use if you post live on Twitter or Facebook? Something like #NYDEER or #huntingny

I'd love to follow all of your LIVE hunting experiences both here and on Twitter....

Have a great one guys....

Saw about four button bucks so far - each stuck around for 15 min each - also one spike who ran out right under my stand - I spooked him while I was on the phone talking to my dad about how stupid it was acting while looking straight at me ... Haha then he just walked straight back to the pines where he came from - heard a lot of shots locally in the valley in the early morn - hope they are taking real bucks- really quiet now

First shot here was 6:36 then 8 more shots within 2 minutes. Between 6:36 and 9:30 I heard 120 shots (I was bored can you tell?) I had a small doe appear at 50 yards and come straight to my stand and stopped at 11 yards. She looked at me but put her head down and kept eating the thorns. Then she came in closer almost right under me before my buddy (220 yards away) shot at a buck twice. The doe looked at the direction the shots come and ran about 10 yards then hung out for a bit. She didn't seem bothered I was there.