Live from the stand 2010!

WNYBuckHunter

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 85 percent of people are allergic to the urushiol in poison ivy, according to the American Academy of Dermatology [ref]. Only a tiny amount of this chemical -- 1 billionth of a gram -- is enough to cause a rash in many people. Some people may boast that they've been exposed to poison ivy many times and have never gotten the rash, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're not allergic. Sometimes the allergy doesn't emerge until you've been exposed several times, and some people develop a rash after their very first exposure. It may take up to ten days for the rash to emerge the first time.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you that are sensitive to it, like me, or are just cautious:

grease up potentially exposed flesh, like hands, face, ankles, etc.  Because the problem is an oil, another oil can keep you skin safe--cold cream, vaseline, mineral oil, bear grease--whatever's handy. I used to get poison ivy very badly, but since I've been doing this, I'm good as long as I take a shower as soon as I get home and am careful how I handle any exposed clothing. 

this is my first live from the stand post so i hope it works.  anyways saw one doe this morning about 100 yards away.  went to lunch now back in the stand .  doesnt seem like there is a lot of movement today but the wind isnt bad hopefully something will come by this evening.  btw this is a good time killer even though the deer are probably walking by when i got my face stuck in the phone. lol.