Keep track of your cameras

I have a few cameras out but don't keep any record of where I have placed them . I have 2 in Walworth that I know the location and 2 in Geneseo that I know where they are . I couldn't find one of my WildGame cameras anywhere in the house / garage so I went to my pics to see where I had gotten pics at my SILs property . I had forgotten about the one I had placed on the edge of her crop field . I need to keep a log of where they are located .

I have 2 WildGame and Primos at my SILs and a Moultrie and Primos in Wal;worth . I have a couple more Primos cameras to put out .

I have 3 STEALTH cameras and none of them work . I still need to take them to the range for target practice !

Anyway , I figured out where my cameras are !

I would think it becomes tougher when hunting multiple properties and even tougher on state land when they could also be stolen. Although I had someone steal a camera last year on my own property. It becomes real tough to monitor when you are 200 miles away!

I use a GPS on my phone to keep track of my cams.

The layout or the property really decides how many cams is enough. I have hunted a 15 acre parcel that 2 cams was over doing it. I also hunt a property that is about 22 acres that has 50-100 apple trees, 2 funnels, a brook, a couple heavily used runways, a thick covered bedding area, and about a 6 acre meadow that if I had the cams I would have about 5 or 6 cams going.

I'm running five cameras on 72 acres and I still feel I could use a few more. There's four food plots, an old overgrown apple orchard I'm slowly taking back control of, a one acre pond, and several oaks. Like I stated before, I have to rely a lot on trail cams because I am so far away. I find that deer patterns definately change from one weekend to the next.

Put on on the pond pav. This is the time of year for it. Find there tracks along the mud and set it there. Its acts like a lick...deer will hit it if its the only or major water source in this heat. You also will get daytime pics if it is protected.

I have a half acre of clover directly next to the pond and cam up now. I'm checking the cam roughly every 3 to 4 weeks and averaging 500 pics of deer and turkey. There in there all day long. This is my first year with clover and I can't believe the draw it has!