Broad Heads

thelep

So I have a set of Mechanical broadheads and want to try some fixed blades as well. I really wanted to try the Shuttle T-Lock but have been turned off by the small cutting diameter. The reviews Have read are all good with the exception of one person who said that they dull easy and dont fly like field points at all, which was contrary to all the other reviews. Anybody used these broad heads, and if so would you recommend them?

Look up the Simmons broadhead and the woodsmen elites.  The woodsmen actually come with a guarantee that is you chip them during regular use they will replace them.  Both are super outstanding broadheads and I use both.  One is a 3 blade and one is a 2 blade and they have good cutting dia. 

You kill a deer with a rage and when you get to em all your gonna have to say is "wow look at that hole, absolutely tears em up man, shot 3 blade grim reapers and didnt like em at all flew all kinds of wrong,

That was right on the money.

Don't get me wrong any broadhead will do the job with the right shot but them 2 blade Rage broadheads stop animals faster, quicker and cleaner than any other hands down I don't like chasing lol.

Shwackers... They've got the bone crushing penetration of a fixed blade, simplistic reliable mechanism on the blade deployment , rugged blades , and accuracy of field points .... Been using the 1.75" the past few years, and this year they came out with a 2" diameter in 100 grns.. Can't wait to put em to work ... Last seasons buck it busted through both shoulder blades and buried in the ground , 40 yds later there he lay...

Used rage in the past. Good heads but I want better penetration on bone. I'm going with a single bevel 2 blade coc. Going with helix bhs. Also changed my whole arrow set up. Changed from victory vforce v1 with 100 grn heads to victory vap .300s v1s with 50 grn inserts and a 125 grn head. Moved my FOC from 8.75 to 16.9%

Edited by jesse.james

I use a small, privately owned archery shop for all my archery needs.  It's a one man show operation and the owner is very professional and has been in the business for over 20 years.  I inquired about the Rage broadheads today and he's gotten mixed reports on them.  While they do have a loyal following some of his customers claim they open during flight.  Has anyone experienced this?

Rage with break bone all day long. IV shot 2 does with em and hit em dead in the ball of there shoulder and piled em and the arrow stopped in the other shoulder, both needed follow up shots but they flopped right there where I hit em,

rages much like all mechanicals do not have the penetration potential of a fixed coc bh. Is been tested numerous times using numerous mediums. Its going to be hit or miss. I've had a buck I shot at 10 yards broad side. Shot was a little up and back head penerrated through but not a clean pass through. Then had a Doe at 8 yrds blew through her and went 30yrds down a hill.

Theres no doubt that mechanicals do not penetrate as well as a fixed head but if your bow has enough KE then you'll be fine with a mechanical. I don't think the OP should shoot a mechanical head for this reason. He don't have enough KE in his setup. A fixed blade head I highly recommend is the Steel Force Phathead.