Safety First!!!

josephmrtn

Why are they not pointing the muzzles towards the walls (stage left and/or stage right)?

The pistols should have their magazines removed and placed next to them, the revolvers should have the cylinder open, and long guns should have their breaches open.

They could have used pistol racks to keep the barrels pointed down too

My kids know that the business end never gets pointed at anyone (unless it is disassembled and you are examining the barrel or cleaning it).  Isn't it supposed to be pointed at a safe direction at all times, loaded or not?

If these are seizures:

• Where are the evidence bags or tags?
  • Where are the uniformed officers making sure no one takes any evidence?

I was under the impression that once they were evidence, the tag stayed on until destroyed for inventory reasons or until the weapon was returned to proper owner if it was stolen property.

I wonder how many were actually from a buy back program since there were no tags.

• Like 1

Ever been to a gun show?

exactly........guns laid out pointing in all types of unsafe directions with ammo right next to them, guys walking around carrying guns...............I was in a gunshop just the other day, and the handguns were in the display case with the muzzles pointed towards the customers!, I got out of there real quick before they started going off.

Edited by jjb4900