doe tag

edbone

The deadline for the initial DMP is October 1st. If you are lucky enough to hunt in an area with left over tags the second issuing period is around the beginning of November. They will announce the WMU's with left overs and the dates. Sounds like your best bet is to sign one over to him, get one in the second drawing or wait until next year.

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

I don't believe the Bow / ML antlerless tag can be used during Regular Gun season if using a gun .

the junior hunting license gives him a regular season tag, same as an adult's only a lot cheaper...........purchasing the archery will give him the ability to apply for the dmp at age 12. Once he turns 14, that junior license can be used during regular season to hunt with a gun..

• Like 1

Archery is age 12............you an apply for a doe tag when you buy an archery license...........and there is no fee for the dmp for junior hunters/bowhunters.

100% True.  I've been doing this with my boys since they were twelve.

Buy an archery tag for them and they can apply for a normal DMP that can be used in any season.

• Like 1

Jjb4900 with that Jr archery tag I think he can take a buck or doe in area correct

The archery tag is a standard either sex tag.  It actually also gets them a bear tag, believe or not.  On top of that, you can also put in for the normal DMP lottery.

Edited by Sogaard
  • Like 1

Yes he can get does tags.  Just wait until he turns 16 - it gets expensive fast.  Full license cost but still needs to be supervised for deer and have to pay for doe permits and turkey tags.

I think it should be more of tiered system - a minor is a minor.  I think they should have 2 levels of junior licenses and keep the fees down for all licenses for minors.  Something like entry level and then graduated junior license to hunt small game alone.

My son went out 2 times last year for deer season - now he is sixteen and doing more stuff at school over the weekends (building sets for school productions, working on/testing special effects for the productions, SAT's & ACT, getting service hours for graduation).  He has to do some hard thinking before we get his license this year.