Photoshop/Zoom experts

BizCT

What you are seeing on the left side is a branch not an antler hooking in, its in your other photos. When I first see the pic I thought wow nice buck, then noticed it was a branch lol

No, that is his antler. He's at least a 5, I was just curious if somebody could zoom it for me.

Regarding "Personally I would pick a different location, doesn't seem like you have anything decent on the cam after weeks of being out".

The Cam was out there for 3 weeks in a place I never hunted. Getting 7-8 different bucks on cam is more than "decent" to me.  Season starts 9/16, I'm not going back before opening day just to move a cam around and walk around. I want to shoot a buck opening day, not spread my scent around just for a cam location change. I added a 2nd cam nearby, I'll check that opening day. But this isn't about the bucks in the area, its about this 1 picture only.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Pretty much all of the deer you have posted from there are small and seem to be of the same age class. I know you just want a buck with the Xbow. You'll have no qualms getting it I am sure.

But, why no older deer at all? Seems funny. Are you missing another, more subtle travel corridor?

Guys, I just wanted help zooming in on the pic. I know these bucks aren't monsters.

Phade - I have spoked with a guy who hunts the land nearby and actually used to hunt the land I am hunting years ago when it was owned by someone else. He showed me some really nice bucks on his wall from this piece of property. He said about 5-6 years ago there were many 120"+ deer, with a few over 140". Due to the deer population being so high in this area of CT, nearby landowners have begun to allow hunters hunt their property for big $. He said guys are shooting young 8's and 10's and the big bucks he used to see, he just doesnt see anymore.

Of course, there is still a chance one walks by.  He gave me a suggestion as to where to put a 2nd cam (about 150 yards from this cam), I put one there and will check it opening day around lunch time.

Although, I have traveled around U.S. and Canada and shot some really nice animals, I have only killed 6 whitetail bucks in my life. A basket 8, 2 4's, a 3, and 2 spikes.  Where I hunt in NY (Putnam County - 3N), it's a good year to see 2 or 3 different bucks in one given year. Any 8 pointer is a trophy, so I am very happy to get this access in CT where I have pics of many different bucks. 2 buck tags is nice too.

count the points after you shoot him...problem solved.

True, but since I know there are multiple bucks, I'd like to hold out for the biggest. I am trying to figure out if this buck is the same buck that I got pics of earlier in the summer.

post-871-0-00495900-1377806600_thumb.jpg

post-871-0-85094600-1377806603_thumb.jpg