What's everyone seeing?

glruikfef

Ok it's been a week and no one from our area has posted anything.  What's going on out there?  I have been out a few time and have seen 3 small bucks and a lot does. But no big boys yet.  I have seen some major scrape action but no chasing.  The weather has not helped things, rain every other day makes for tough hunting.  I am going to get out again on Wednesday afternoon and this weekend.

I have been out on the weekends and 1 other day and have seen a fair amount of does and yearlings only one 4pt so far but my brother spotted a real nice 8 near one of my stands. Like you said the weather is not helping at all i am probably going to wait until the weekend to hunt this week because its so bad. I have seen tons of rubs and scrapes most of them very fresh and my cams tell me the big boys are still around just not when the sun is up haha. After this week hopefully things will cool down and i think that would really heat things up.

my buddy and i hunted opening weekend- saturday through monday.  it was really slow.  i didn'tn see anything at all.  my friend had a buck come to his stand sunday and monday mornings before shooting light.  we saw a few rubs.  but, otherwise not much action.  not sure when i'll be able to get upstate again.  i'll probably wait a few weeks.

Same thing around here scrapes are geting opened and seeing lots of flat heads and lil guys but no bigguns yet.  We did pick up a road kill doe saturday that was being harrassed by a 6pt lying on the side of the road and he was trying to get at her!!! So I will def be in the woods as much as possible now.  Especially since its cooled down a lot.

Good luck

CNY 

i been seeing lots of buck i got a nice 6 opening day been out ever other day and week end hit a doe counldnt find the darn thing but ive had 4 bucks pass me since open weekend nothing really big tho last sat i was out saw a nice 8 pt hopefully he will be around for shotgun otherwise ive only seen one doe

I have seen a fair amount of deer but only 1 4pt buck. My brother saw 4 8pts this weekend and all of them came into him rattling and stayed around looking for what was making all the noise. We just set up 3 mock scrapes tonight, one where he saw the 8pts and two others where i have been seeing tons of scraping activity and have 4 different 8 pts on cam. Can't wait until this weekend its gonna be great.

Halloween weekend was good in Southern Tompkins.  Out of 4 hunters we shot 2 8-pointers.  Apples were hot and oaks were not.  Scraping and chasing increased as the week progressed.  We moved around and some areas were dead with no activity.  We were fortunate to find a hot area and connect.

Good luck to all.

I'm in my stand right now, I'm on the corner of two hedgerows. 49th street and 6th ave. I placed the stand a bit high this year, about 17 stories! I'm seeing alot today but their coming and going real fast, can't get a shot. There's a small bunch of saplings on the other side of the ave. It looks like there is a nice buck coming in........... Dreaming about tomorrow morning! I'll report back next Wednesday, after 4 long days of hunting!  First got to get out of this damn city! GLTA

I was hunting in Madison County (Hamilton area) last weekend.  There was VERY little deer movement and almost no rut activity.  This is an area that is normally distroyed with buck rubs this time of year and I had trouble finding one.  I hope the rut starts soon here.

I hunt in Madison county also and last weekend my brother and i saw several small bucks chasing does. and on sunday i had a small buck come in like he was looking for a doe, probably me bleating and that was the end of him he is now in the freezer. I also am still getting bucks on my trail cams pretty regular. So I think the rut is going to get better around here but thats just from what i am seeing in my area.

I hunted opening weekend and also Nov 5,6,7  didnt see any rutting action, only small spike which i passed on.  My brother said he had a 6 come by his stand raking trees in reponse to my rattling ( i was about 150 yds away from him) and a fork horn come in but that was it. 

Now it time to break the 7mm wsm and make some noise (well hopefully)

• 2 weeks later...

7M - Eatonbrook Reservoir / Town of Nelson.  On our 70 acres we've taken a four pointer with an antler missing and two nice 8-pointers, both 2 1/2 years old.  Seen an additional spike, 2 4-pointers and a young six, plus many does.  We have several other frequent bucks on trail cam. 

Wind has been a factor.  Required pushing earlier than we would have liked. 

Small buck was taken at 10:30 a.m. on opening day.  8-Pointers were taken at 7:30 a.m. on 11/21 (pic w/ Mark & truck) and 3:05 p.m. on 11/22 (rattled-in using an antler bag; pic w/ rifle).

post-1895-131455384385_thumb.jpg

post-1895-131455384395_thumb.jpg