FULL HUNTER'S MOON OCTOBER 18 2013

First-light

Suppose to get colder , think I'm gonna transition to hot scrapes been workin the bed to food route with little success, got a few spots just off thick cover in some apples bucks have been tearing up trees and the ground, hope the day time activity increases alot ,

yea I have been doing all day sits and haven't seen many deer on the move. Temps should be good this weekend.  I think hunting solid food sources is probably your best bet.  Bedding areas are a maybe due to the temps being so high you may not see much movement.  Well see what happens I am doing a pm hunt after work tonight. Good luck out there!

My hunting time is limited and with this moon and the potential for mid-day movement I'll stay in all day.

+1 on this...

It all depends on your schedule.  If you are lucky enough to live near where you can hunt, you have a lot more options than people who have very limited hunting days and long car rides.

I dont buy the moon theories any more. I probably wont be out at all this weekend, as I have my kids, but next week Ill be out and the weekend after that.

Besides, I thought the "important moon" wasnt until the next full?

Yup that will be next month. 

I don't care for full moon...never seem to see as much and there is little chance of sneaking in unless we have good cloud cover..that said ...not hunting yesterday had me out getting rid of deer parts...legs...tail.. head...and there was a lot of grunting to be heard ...then in mid afternoon yet more and some tickling of racks...so they are much more active...though at this point I think it's the yungins feeling their "FirstOats" as it were

Just reporting back on conditions and deer sightings. Thursday night cloud cover Friday sun and clouds 55. We saw 7 deer from 3pm until dark. Friday night was again cloudy and we saw 1 deer 7am on saturday. Saturday night was cloudy Sunday morning cool partly sunny we see 2 bucks. The bucks we saw all responded to calling From a little 4 pt to a giant. Not many rubs or scrapes were found. Neighbor killed an 8 pt Friday that came into a doe bleat. I thought the weekend was pretty good and the two of us both had our chances.