Sausage..

growalot

So I contacted Wilsons...easy breezy...but thought I'd check out Steeles in Avon...things I would now know to look out for...one they vacuum and freeze...one you have to pick up immediately for they have no freezers...wonder how well that works out when they are very busy trying to process every thing...they also do whole deer...and prices way different....have to look up Grizzlies as well...

Now who has experience with sausage processors ...give a report for those of us that ...just don't have the time nor inclination to make our own this year...names...general info  and pricing

Not sure what else is down your way grow but if you venture north Constanza makes venison products but does not butcher. I believe its a quality product and some say on the expensive side. Usually you get what you pay for, plus it around the corner so convenience is a plus for me.

Thanks..well even if too far for me there may be others out there looking...all the first hand reviews given will be great...

Here is the Steele web site...and the Wilsons as well Leaving for Wilsons now..

Yes I believe I've had Constanza's from a friend of ours..it was good...but he mentioned prices...Ouch...lol

http://www.steelesausage.com

http://www.wilsonbeeffarms.com/info/venison.html

Just check Steels and Wilson's to compare with Constanza. Price wasn't that different, some products more some less. Biggest difference was the minimum amount of venison needed to order a certain product. Costanza generally had a lower min lb. Of venison.

I just got back...lots of errand running that way...any who ...they had all their samples out and boy Oh boy that was a tasty breakfast snack....I am having snack sticks and summer sausage made up...I picked up some hormone free pork chops and a mixed bag of their reg snack sticks,,,,,Wow good on the go lunch too...I do be leave that will be my hunting go to snack....not sure when it will be done ...but.... early in early out.... and some guys were bringing in a whole lot of frozen deer meat and commented that they had more to bring....Biggest thing...they are so darn clean!!!

Pro-Cut over in Bloomfield does sausage, etc but Im not sure on prices. I used them to cut up my doe this year, as I couldnt do it myself for a reason or two, and they did an excellent job, and it was extremely fast. Cheapest price around too. If you pay cash, its even less. I wont hesitate to use them again if need be.

6895 Rice Road
Bloomfield, NY 14469
(585) 657-7099

Ive used Constanzas in the past, great stuff but pricey. Ive had different things from Wilsons, and they make excellent stuff.

Pro-Cut over in Bloomfield does sausage, etc but Im not sure on prices. I used them to cut up my doe this year, as I couldnt do it myself for a reason or two, and they did an excellent job, and it was extremely fast. Cheapest price around too. If you pay cash, its even less. I wont hesitate to use them again if need be.

6895 Rice Road
Bloomfield, NY 14469
(585) 657-7099

Ive used Constanzas in the past, great stuff but pricey. Ive had different things from Wilsons, and they make excellent stuff.

If I don't get my stuffer and recipe book back in short order you will be using them to make your sausage again....lol