Too late to place a stand?

TeeBugg

Well i lost another place to hunt tonight. Puts me down to one spot left. Im rolling with it but alot of the stands have been hunted hard so far this season. So theres a thick swamp area that seems to always produce a good buck and does every year. Is it too late to put a stand near it or on the edge of it?

Thats the problem....only way in is an old trolley bed road. All overgrown and im gonna make a ton of noise going in. Might be a good spot for an all day sit though. There used to be a stand in there but it eventually fell down. Nobody has hunted there this season, and im almost positive nobody will hunt it.

ya man, hang that sucker... still early enough to get it in there, just be scent conscious and as quiet as you can given the circumstances and mid day is probly the least impact time for ya.. get it in there, let it sit for a bit and then hope for the best, sometimes stands like that pay off big time and you stand back n think " and i wasn't even gonna go through with it"  worst case scenario it doesn't work out this year, but next year watch out bambi... good luck

Give it a try, old saying nothing ventured nothing gained. I've  read the first time hunting a stand gives you best chance, If you had the rain we had tonight in the Southern Tier it should be quiet in the morning to walk in the leaves laying on the ground.  Good Luck !!

• Like 1

Its pouring here in 8f. Im just trying to figure out the best plan of attack. Either strap my treeseat on and build a small groundblind around me, or grab my hang on and build a ladder to it. Im thinking the treeseat will be less intrusive and allow me to hunt it saturday night.

• Like 1

If i am going to a spot to mess around during the season , ill talk talk out loud and sing and just let the deer know im coming, they've heard people from farms and camps talking with zero harm done to them , it seems like when you start sneaking around that they get spooked and get shy.

Bring a machete and reflective tape or pins. Cut yourself a small path and mark it. This way you can walk quietly and be able to find and stay on your path in the dark

The old trolley bed road is really straight and ends in the thick area next to the swamp. I killed a nice turkey this spring about 50 yards from where the old stand is. As well as a trail thats used fairly heavily. I can envision it in my mind but tomorow will tell me more about how i want to set it up.

Bring a machete and reflective tape or pins. Cut yourself a small path and mark it. This way you can walk quietly and be able to find and stay on your path in the dark

?? He's trying to make the least intrusive entrance possible , chopping away is something u do around summer , I personally don't get settin a tree seat days ahead a time except for maybe building a temp natural blind ... Other n that probly quieter than a climber if he takes his time slowly "quietly" gathering some brush ... Hit it tbugg , not a stand u've set prior n been waitin for perfect timing n wind ... So get in there n see what happens! Good luck

• Like 1