Pin Placement

IronBucks

Call me old school here but I have 20 & 30 my max. I have shot all my deer within 25yrs. Out of respect for the mature buck im trying get, im not taken a shot over 30yrds.Id rather hunt him another day than to take a 40-50yrd shot on an if.

• Like 1

15 and 25 almost touching, 30 is about a pin's width below it.  When I practice at 30 yds I can watch the arrow arc up and back down into the target.  It's a bit like shooting a mortar, I can stand on the ground and spine them through the top at 30. :prankster:  :crazy:

Not the right way to do it but it works for me . I have a single pin sight . I use the pin at 20 yards and under . At 30 yards , I aim a bit low on the deer's back . From a treestand , I bend at the waist at 20 yards and under . At 30 yards , I drop my bow arm while using the same pin and hit what I am aiming at . It works for me . Now all I need is a deer to shoot at to make sure it works .