True definition of a "meat hunter"?

TeeBugg

No..I get it. If squirrels were ruining my siding I would try to trap them and relocate them. If that failed I guess I would break out the .22 but I certainty wouldn't brag about killing them ,like I was some big bad a$$. You miss my point. Some times animals can become such a nuisance that they have to be put down. But thats not hunting.

Im talking about Losers who kill animals, just so they can brag about what they killed or how many they have killed. Im talking about low life losers.. not hunters. Don't get me wrong.

So by your definition, anyone in the business of nuisance removal by method of killing is a low life loser. So those shooting groundhogs, crows, and sometimes fox and coyotes and brag about it are all labeled under this category by you.

How do you feel about our very own DownwindOutdoors?

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

A $10 dmp tag gives you a lot more bait for predator hunting then a $10 steak. I don't do this as I don't have my own land. My point was if its legal, I don't care what people do with their deer as long as they are shot n tagged legally

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

that makes sense to you? you would have to be a complete idiot or waste of life to shoot a deer, tag it and leave it there for bait... thats my 2 cents

• Like 2

Again, my point is this....who cares what people do with their deer as long as they legally shoot n tag it. I could care less if someone wears it as a Halloween costume, eats the hooves, or using it as a Xmas decoration.

Again, my point is this....who cares what people do with their deer as long as they legally shoot n tag it. I could care less if someone wears it as a Halloween costume, eats the hooves, or using it as a Xmas decoration.

You drunk ?

So by your definition, anyone in the business of nuisance removal by method of killing is a low life loser. So those shooting groundhogs, crows, and sometimes fox and coyotes and brag about it are all labeled under this category by you.

How do you feel about our very own DownwindOutdoors?

Varmints and deer are 2 different things. But if any animal becomes such a nuisance that it has to be put down.. so be it. I just think that people who BRAG about killing  and wasting nuisance animals are losers... An 85 year old woman or a 6 year old child could kill a nuisance animal, why brag??? Just one guys opinion. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure if you are missing this point, but squirrels are very much edible. I have shot nuisance squirrel before (legally, in season) and we ate them. They were fantastic. We ate all the meat... The chickens got the offal and the crows got the rest. Not a speck wasted.

Edited by Jennifer
  • Like 2

I'm not sure if you are missing this point, but squirrels are very much edible. I have shot nuisance squirrel before (legally, in season) and we ate them. They were fantastic. We ate all the meat... The chickens got the offal and the crows got the rest. Not a speck wasted.

they were good?

dont tell me it taste like chicken, i wont believe you lol

Deer ARE nuisance animals for the guy's land i hunt on occasion.. He runs a pumpkin patch that gets desimated every year by deer. He legally kills them regularly and leaves them in the woods...I guess he is a lowlife for protecting his livelihood that provides for his family.

Varmints and deer are 2 different things. But if any animal becomes such a nuisance that it has to be put down.. so be it. I just think that people who BRAG about killing and wasting nuisance animals are losers... An 85 year old woman or a 6 year old child could kill a nuisance animal, why brag??? Just one guys opinion.

Varmints are a life, so is a deer. Bragging about taking a varmint and taking a nuisance deer is no different, both can feed a family and both can be a nuisance. Seems like a case of the "high horse syndrome" to me, but that's one guy's humble opinion.

BTW, let's not encourage illegal activity, any educated sportsman knows that a 6 year old cannot hunt wildlife legally.

Deer ARE nuisance animals for the guy's land i hunt on occasion.. He runs a pumpkin patch that gets desimated every year by deer. He legally kills them regularly and leaves them in the woods...I guess he is a lowlife for protecting his livelihood that provides for his family.

He could donate it or have any number of hunters that would gladly do it for him and take the meat rather then waste it.  

• Like 1

Yep, flower 'em up and fry 'em - good stuff. Also go well in spaghetti sauce believe it or not.

• Like 2

no, but if hes leaving dead deer on his property i would say thats actually retarded... doing the right thing would be to protect his crop with his N-Tags and donate the deer to the needy or im sure plenty of other hunters would love to hunt and do THE RIGHT thing with the deer.

you agree with something like that for the simple fact its his lively hood?

• Like 1

Varmints and deer are 2 different things. But if any animal becomes such a nuisance that it has to be put down.. so be it. I just think that people who BRAG about killing  and wasting nuisance animals are losers... An 85 year old woman or a 6 year old child could kill a nuisance animal, why brag??? Just one guys opinion. 

Varmints are a life, so is a deer. Bragging about taking a varmint and taking a nuisance deer is no different, both can feed a family and both can be a nuisance. Seems like a case of the "high horse syndrome" to me, but that's one guy's humble opinion.

BTW, let's not encourage illegal activity, any educated sportsman knows that a 6 year old cannot hunt wildlife legally.

ENOUGH already.... you are getting no where, drop it

I was just giving an example of some that ants may be calling a low life loser. He may happen to be a hunter that doesn't eat squirrel, but must shoot them to protect his financial assets.

He allows people to hunt his land. He tells people when he shoots deer whether or not the come....? He is not interested in nor has the time to deal with processing, gutting, etc.Do i agree with it as a hunter, no. Do i understand why he does it, yes. This guy busts his a$$ as a small farmer in NY and is barely able to keep above water, partly due to nuisance animals.

• Like 1

You drunk ?

Nope, only on #2 watching red sox winning. I'm 100% serious by the way. I don't have time to worry about what people do with their deer, who cares as long as its legal? I shoot bucks only, donate it n keep the backstraps n antlers. I never shoot does, but would if I saw an albino or piebald one.

• Like 1

Nope, only on #2 watching red sox winning. I'm 100% serious by the way. I don't have time to worry about what people do with their deer, who cares as long as its legal? I shoot bucks only, donate it n keep the backstraps n antlers. I never shoot does, but would if I saw an albino or piebald one.

If you were to witness a hunter shoot a deer , tag it , and leave it in the woods to rot.....you wouldn't care ?