4F

shenders

Had a 5 pointer this weekend mess me up by pushing 3 does down the mountain (was hoping to take one). He seemed slightly interested in my drag line and decided to make a quick scrape under an apple tree. Seen 21 deer this weekend in total so they are still moving nicely on the back 40. Saw 5 fresh scrapes. Seems the little guys are giving chase right now.

I am in Edmeston also. Sat on the downwind side of doe bedding areas and saw no bucks scent checking. I have seen a lot of young bucks getting a little antsy, but the does still have their fawns with them. Yesterday morning I did see an older buck, but he was not interested in the does and fed his way through about 80 yards from me.

Edited by coonhunter

Was up last weekend in Richmondville and saw lots of deer.  Probably saw about 20 does and 5 smaller bucks between myself and my hunting buddy.  I'm holding off on taking a doe until after the rut in hopes of taking a nice buck this year.  I'll be heading back up this weekend, hopefully I will see some increased rut activity!

• 3 weeks later...