Bowhunting the corn this weekend

chiefbkt

With a front moving in that would be a great spot. Not that I agree, but someone found out a while back that hunting fresh cut corn is illegal? Can't remember where they found it.

It is not illegal to hunt over fresh cut corn.  In fact it is perfectly legal to hunt over a brush-hogged corn field.

The later surprised me, so I asked ECO Stansfield and he confirmed it is legal.

Should I be so shocked at so much mis-information on a forum  :)

I'll be along this. They cut about 50 feet around the edges and a couple passes through the little corn field by 2 of my stands. To muddy in parts I think.

Good Luck!

post-253-0-59411200-1383089161_thumb.jpg

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 2

Been on the combine since 12. Got the first 25 acres done, 15 left to go. Wish I was in stand tonight instead of the seat of a combine! Needless to say, I'll be sitting in my climber and hunting the cut corn field this weekend.

Hows the yield doing? The price better get of that  $ 4.40 mark and get back up to $7 dollar corn. We're running into fungus and end ear rot here. Most likely due to the wet conditons this year. Don't know if it will be #1 or #2 corn yet.

Yields are pretty good, in the 140 range. No disease here, our big field is planted on a "drumlin" and the other is a pretty good size hill, so we get pretty good drainage. Price was $4.30 last I knew...ouch! Luckily we don't sell much so we don't rely on that income. We have a good bartering system with our neighbor so that's where most of it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hows the yield doing? The price better get of that $ 4.40 mark and get back up to $7 dollar corn. We're running into fungus and end ear rot here. Most likely due to the wet conditons this year. Don't know if it will be #1 or #2 corn yet.

The farm I hunt is getting two hundred yield per acre on thee best fields as of today.