Opening Day for Gun Season

wztirem

Good luck to you folks checking out new spots..

That is always fun, especially if it turns out to be productive...

I am fortunate in having lived in the same area for 60 years and still have access to places that I have hunted for 45 years or so..

I know some places that  I KNOW I can  kill deer..

Hunting unfamiliar places, it sometimes takes several years before you really figure out what is going on....

Hell i still gotta buy camo pants and new boots :-[ im really not prepared this year,hell this past sunday i went turkey hunting(scouting)with a camo jacket and my blue carhartt  jeans i wear at work lol.my gun should still drive tacks as it hasnt been touched since cleaning it the day after the season ended. :-\ i dont know what it is i just dont have the energy to hunt anymore i used to be the kid that would think hunting 24-7-365.maybe the area i hunt is getting to me,or the lack of doe tags?5 years applying for the area ive gotten a grand total of 1 tag for there.

Son can't make the hunt this year, so it was just a friend & myself.

I called him today to see if he needed anything last minute from Dick's or WW, and found out his daughter went in hospital last night, so he won't be making the trip.. Family first, then everything else, to me, so I understood..

I'm cleaning guns tonight, the gear is readied. Gonna pack my Gortex gear just in case we get some snow. Gone solo many times before, but no 'tent' this year, & possibly electric!! so I'm really looking forward to this hunt..  ;D ;D

Only a few days left, everyone else all ready?

Only a few days left, everyone else all ready?

Other than tormenting myself trying to decide which stand location to sit at, yeah i guess so.  Also had a nightmare last night that I didn't set my alarm and woke up around mid-morning on opening day.  Talk about waking up in panic...

I envy you for having your tags ful lol!!!!  I haven't filled one yet in bow in the SZ.  I will be out Friday evening for one last shot and then all weekend with my muzzleloader!!!  I am probably more ready for gun season this year then ever before.  Because of hunting land closer to where I go to school this will actually be my first ever opening morning!!!!  Hoping for a good one and good luck to all and be safe, know where your shooting!!!!

Well,  I would prefer to still be out there after a whitetail.  I enjoy the hunt more than the harvest.  That being said, I could not pass the 8 point 190 pound buck or the 130 pound doe.  The good news is I have a buddy who is out of hunting time.  He has a 6c dmp, and that is where camp is.  He is bringing it over tomorow, so I am back in the game.  I still love the feeling of the two or three days before the opener.