Deer movement question

TeeBugg

So i still havent seen a live deer in the woods during gun season. Buddy of mine hunted our spot this morning and said zero tracks near our core area. But a ton of tracks down near and in the swamp area. Could this be because of all the high wind we have been having? Will they come back down to our area? Your thoughts? We were covered in deer during bowseason and its been a little dry lately. This area isnt heavily pressured during gun season, or bowseason for that matter. Ideas?

Sounds like we hunt the same spot.... In my case my woods/brush is basically an island with crops all around it. Once they are cut the ground gets plowed up, deep deep furrows and no food in them.

The hunting Gets hard,little seen few tracks. I have no choice but to grind it out,hope some get pushed back and our low pressure holds them.

The 3 of is all saw deer opening day but nothing we could (size) or wanted to take opening day. Right after that the Iast cut corn was plowed, and everything stopped.

Standing corn across the road and a swamp to stay in we need pressure in that swamp so they bed on our side.

If I were you I'd be in,or along the swamp.

This swamp, wetland whatever you wanna call it is thick and nasty. One wrong step and your up to your waist in water! Ive got tomorow off so ill do my best to sneak down in there along an old trolley bed road.

Good luck! Just so you know I'll be freezing right along with you,in a stand just in the east edge of our brush.

Any new neighboring pressure or change in crops?

I've found you can kill a lot of younger deer in the open, but the big guys like to hang where it's thick and nasty. Seen them coral a doe back into the thick stuff to avoid the open themselves. They don't get old and big by being careless.

Edited by Belo

Any new neighboring pressure or change in crops?I've found you can kill a lot of younger deer in the open, but the big guys like to hang where it's thick and nasty. Seen them coral a doe back into the thick stuff to avoid the open themselves. They don't get old and big by being careless.

No new pressure as far as we can tell. I think its been the high winds has pushed them into the thick stuff, thats just me. Im gonna give it a whirl back in the swamp!

nope they do not yard up in the winter have bachelor groups in the summer separate in the fall and the rut.  I winder what triggers that.  That being said, where do the deer yard for the winter?  By this time in season, I frequent those areas more. I am guessing the swamp you speak of.  Find the trails in and out and hang out.

Just so we are clear, I am not in the persuasion to have a hard on for guys. If you are that is fine.  My post simply was saying they could be starting to yard up. Not everything on here is about you even though you like to think it is.  Stop being a jerk people would stop posting like they do.  For you to say weather does not effect deer movement was honestly foolish at best.  Now go play.  

Deer will move to areas where pressure is not.

I find in most cases, when people say "there's not much pressure"...they are wrong. I am not saying you are Teebug, but most people who say there's not much pressure think too small. Think big picture. Your individual property may not have pressure, but most people don't know precisely what goes on beyond the border on adjoining lands, even if you have talks with the neighbors.

If you set a few cameras there on that ground next year, you'll see that some deer don't have muddy legs up to their knees and some will in summer and bow season. As the season progresses, you'll see the majority of deer begin to have muddy legs. This is because pressure drives them to where pressure is not.

One parcel I hunt on is 40 acres. It was very lightly and very smartly hunted this season by all accounts and truthfully under-hunted. The deer exhibited the same characteristics. 8 of 10 deer now on cam have muddy legs. The go to areas the hunters do not. The pressure outside the parcel is larger, but nowhere near as bad as I have seen on other ground, but I am sure this is pressure and safety driven.

Deer will move to areas where pressure is not.

I find in most cases, when people say "there's not much pressure"...they are wrong. I am not saying you are Teebug, but most people who say there's not much pressure think too small. Think big picture. Your individual property may not have pressure, but most people don't know precisely what goes on beyond the border on adjoining lands, even if you have talks with the neighbors.

If you set a few cameras there on that ground next year, you'll see that some deer don't have muddy legs up to their knees and some will in summer and bow season. As the season progresses, you'll see the majority of deer begin to have muddy legs. This is because pressure drives them to where pressure is not.

One parcel I hunt on is 40 acres. It was very lightly and very smartly hunted this season by all accounts and truthfully under-hunted. The deer exhibited the same characteristics. 8 of 10 deer now on cam have muddy legs. The go to areas the hunters do not. The pressure outside the parcel is larger, but nowhere near as bad as I have seen on other ground, but I am sure this is pressure and safety driven.

I agree. What i meant was not much pressure from the guys i hunt with. At one end of the land is a farmer who doesnt allow hunters. And yes we see the deer in his field on a daily basis lol. But they travel down this corridor/swamp to our area every year. The other end is town...no hunting. Across the road we normally hear all sorts of shots...this year i can count on one hand the amount of shots ive heard from that side. So into the swamp i go. Buddy said thats where the majority of tracks were so its time to find em!