What a Rip-off

noodle one

I live in Broome Co. five (5) miles north of NY/PA line. In New York the gas price is between $365.9 to $369.9 a gal.depending on where one buys thier gas. I know that the tax on gasoline is higher in NY than PA. I have gone to PA many times before this week for gas and the price has always been .10 to .12 cents a gal less than NY because of NY taxs and or that is what the gas stations  in NY will tell you. For the last week gas in PA has been .25 cents less than NY is getting for a gal of gas.Now I know that NY taxs on gas has not gone up or dropped in PA, So could it be that the oil co. ripping us off or is it the station owners? If someone knows the answer to this ,please let me know?  No BS. It is not only one station in PA ,but all of them.

We New Yorkers have been getting hosed with gas prices for years.   For most people, gas is a necessity, not a luxury.   Yet our "leaders see fit to tax it so high.  What's the solution?  Dunno....We can't all move out of state.  As long as we keep electing people like Cuomo, nothing will change!

Noodle- being a Broome resident I have noticed this exact thing, but on the other hand I have also noticed the exact opposite where PA (choconut) was .20 more than here. 

I've also noticed a difference in gas quality between different stations. I refuse to buy anything from a Manleys Mighty mart(valero) or a Hess. I only go to Kwik fill or Sunoco.

I can go from JC to Deposit and back on less than 1/4th of a tank in my JEEP that has a straight 6 cylinder engine with gas from Sunoco or Kwik fill.  Manleys or Hess gas takes 1/2 tank. Same driving style. I've tested it many times

What pisses me off is how the stations get away with changing the prices so rapdily. I used to deliver gas so I would see it daily. A station with a 20K tank could be full and have the price at 3.65. 5 hours. Later if the market goes up they change the prices to 3.75. Now if they only sold 10K gallons they are left with another 10K. Now they paid a certain price for the 20K gallons and with increasing the price halfway through they just increased their profit margins. I understand it's good for them but it screws you and me over. I would think there should be a better system to protect the people a little more but we all know that won't happen.

Heck I can see a $.10 - $.25 difference just a few miles down the road. .... Same brand of gas. What the heck is the logic there. Gas comes out of the same truck, both have the same taxes applied. And the problem really boils down to the fact that there are idiots pumping gas like crazy at the more expensive place rather than rewarding the guy that is not out to screw the world. In fact, I have seen that phenomenon between gas stations that are right across the road from each other. What the heck is wrong with people?