Why did the latest school shooting incident only last 80 seconds?

There was an armed guard in the school - but the libs ain't gonna like hearing that...

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/12/102056-armed-school-guard-at-arapahoe-high-prevented-further-loss-of-life/

Matt Vespa | On 16, Dec 2013

Why did the tragic school shooting at Arapahoe High in Colorado only last 80 seconds?  An armed guard was on the premises – and the only fatality from this horrific event was the gunman.

As the Christian Science Monitor reported on December 14:

As they investigate the latest school shooting in the 
 – Friday at Arapahoe High School in Centennial, 
 – one thing is clear to law enforcement officials there: The presence of an armed deputy sheriff on regular duty at the school was the key factor in preventing more deaths and injuries.

As soon as he heard the first of five gunshots, that officer and the two school administrators he was talking to raced toward the commotion shouting their presence and ordering students and staff to follow the school’s lock-down protocol.

As a result, Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson said at a briefing Saturday afternoon, the heavily-armed shooter [Karl Pierson] realized he was about to be confronted by an armed officer, and he took his own life.

Although it may seem like our society is becoming more violent, gun violence in America has dropped almost 40% since 1993, according to the Department of Justice. Sadly, school shootings will happen regardless of public policy. And the fact that schools are “gun-free” zones makes them easy targets for criminals seeking to inflict harm on innocent Americans. So, are armed guards the answer?  

It prevented further loss of life at Arapahoe High.  Newtown adopted armed guards in their school district after Sandy Hook. Last January, a majority of Americans were comfortable with the idea – and that sentiment hasn’t changed.

• Like 5

Gun-free zone shouldn't mean that a trained guard shouldn't have a gun.  I don't think even many liberals are against having armed guards in schools.  Arming teachers is a different story, however.  Students shouldn't be taught by a teacher with a gun strapped to their hip, that is NOT what they are being paid to do.  We'd then be NO better than Nazi Germany when their youth was being indoctrinated by armed SS officers.  I for one don't want my kids growing up thinking that a gun is the solution to all problems, because it surely is not.  Most won't agree here, but I really could care less.

• Like 1

Teachers in Israel have guns in the classroom to defend their students with.  The kids in Israel understand exactly why that is, and exactly who is a threat to them.  In America, kids have been deliberately deceived as to who is a threat to them.

Gun-free zone shouldn't mean that a trained guard shouldn't have a gun. I don't think even many liberals are against having armed guards in schools. Arming teachers is a different story, however. Students shouldn't be taught by a teacher with a gun strapped to their hip, that is NOT what they are being paid to do. We'd then be NO better than Nazi Germany when their youth was being indoctrinated by armed SS officers. I for one don't want my kids growing up thinking that a gun is the solution to all problems, because it surely is not. Most won't agree here, but I really could care less.

Sorry Steve I'd rather have the kids be exposed to a gun carrying teacher than have them all end up dead...

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

• Like 2