Why I Carry a Gun

Hoyt 300

1. Why I carry a Gun

I don't carry a gun to kill people.

I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.

I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.

I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.

I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.

I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.

I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.

I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.

I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.

I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.

I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it.

I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron.

Free citizens must protect themselves.

Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'See More

•  

•  

Write a comment...

!

• Like 5

A very good friend of mine was involved in an attempted robbery last Friday at a mall near Rochester. It was an attempted robbery because he pulled his Colt 45 and diffused the situation. When the police showed up 10 witnesses came forward and told thier stories.My friend was not charged with anything . The would be thief was handcuffed and taken away. The woman who was about to become a victim ended up as a witness. This one ended well. If every citizen in the US were armed there would be 99% less crime. Stand Tall, Fight Back

• Like 4

What happens if another good guy with a gun hears the commotion and comes running to the scene and doesn't realize that the first good guy with a gun is a good guy?

The good guy had the bad guy face down in the parking lot. There were about 20 people watching

What about the bad guys, should they have guns too?

If you look at the statistics from countries that allow free gun ownership you will see the crime rates are very low. Criminals generally have no balls when faced with an equal force. Even the odds and the good guys win

I'm trying to recall a quote by Ted Nuggent

Lord make me accurate and fast

If I should lose let me die in a pile of spent brass

What about the bad guys, should they have guns too?

If you look at the statistics from countries that allow free gun ownership you will see the crime rates are very low. Criminals generally have no balls when faced with an equal force. Even the odds and the good guys win

I'm trying to recall a quote by Ted Nuggent

Lord make me accurate and fast

If I should lose let me die in a pile of spent brass

Sounds like you are in favor of bad guys having guns.

Can I extend the anything goes to children too? I would like it if my 5yr would be allowed to carry along with my neighbor who has mental problems.

A very good friend of mine was involved in an attempted robbery last Friday at a mall near Rochester. It was an attempted robbery because he pulled his Colt 45 and diffused the situation. When the police showed up 10 witnesses came forward and told thier stories.My friend was not charged with anything . The would be thief was handcuffed and taken away. The woman who was about to become a victim ended up as a witness. This one ended well. If every citizen in the US were armed there would be 99% less crime. Stand Tall, Fight Back

that sounds like a great story for the Rifleman's - Armed Citizen section.

• Like 1

Maybe the good guys should all just wear white hats.  That way, we'll never have to worry about 'friendly fire'.

Or the bad guys can wear t-shirts or something that says "i'm a bad guy criminal"  that way we can just avoid them.

But as the law stands, right now, ex felons, rapists etc.  are not able to legally have  guns, but since they have no regard for the law, they illegally obtain guns anyway. So if a law abiding citizen wants to have/carry a gun to protect them selves from such people, I have zero problem with it. 

PS I carry every single day.

All american citizens should b able to carry. I would carry a cop but there to heavy! !! I went to las vegas for work one time with some buddies, stayed at a hotel when we got there I went down cause another friend flew in and wanted to meet up I told him where the room was while I went for food. I went back upstairs and the door was locked so I knocked and it opened and there was a black guy I said must have the wrong room he pulled out a 9mm and said nope right room and pulled me in the room. When I got in they had one of my friends tied up on the floor. The other was being held by gun point by another black guy. They took all our money all our beer and even took the pizza I brought up. All because I forgot to pull the door shut. And none of us had a gun. Right after that we all carried guns. Criminals will get guns plain and simple

RACIST!!!!!    LOL!!!

All american citizens should b able to carry. I would carry a cop but there to heavy! !! I went to las vegas for work one time with some buddies, stayed at a hotel when we got there I went down cause another friend flew in and wanted to meet up I told him where the room was while I went for food. I went back upstairs and the door was locked so I knocked and it opened and there was a black guy I said must have the wrong room he pulled out a 9mm and said nope right room and pulled me in the room. When I got in they had one of my friends tied up on the floor. The other was being held by gun point by another black guy. They took all our money all our beer and even took the pizza I brought up. All because I forgot to pull the door shut. And none of us had a gun. Right after that we all carried guns. Criminals will get guns plain and simple

RACIST!!!!!    LOL!!! Just kidding .. Having a gun on me has saved my ass twice in the past 25 years and I never had to pull the trigger. All of the anti gun people, who arrogantly think that they to know whats best for everyone else, can stick it far and deep…..They're just so smart LOL!

Edited by ants