Turkey Vest Advice

518BowSlayer

I have a Cabela's turkey vest, can't remember the name though. I've had it for 6 years. I took a look on their website and can't find any vests....odd. Maybe they're overwhelmed with Christmas orders and can't maintain their website....

Anyway, I'd suggest something with a large, thick cushion, a large pocket to carry your bird out with, and a few other large pockets for calls & shells. The rest is just bells & whistles.

Edited by Uncle Nicky

• 2 months later...

Mossy Oak Elite III is a dandy. 19 zippered pockets, made for several pot calls as well as a box call. I have since been using portable seats vs using the seat cushions that come with the vests. After sitting for a few hours on a daily basis during the season, my tailbone gets sore with just sitting on a seat cushion. The H.S. Strut folding leg model is a good one, as well as the newer styles out there with the backs. You can sit for longer times and are much more comfortable while waiting on a tom.

I have used several vests over the years and have gone to a simple fanny pack and small shoulder bag. i carry less and seem to do better, walking several miles of ridges the less the better especially late season when that added vest layer really makes you hot and sweaty.