New cam..

growalot

Pulled the card to see if I set it up rt...yes I do like my Covert's mini screen for this reason...The Wild View doesn't have that feature...but I think took a few good pics for a 4mp and 99.00 for a blk out with card and batteries...only 4at this time...but I like seeing the young buck staying on our place...it's a first...usually never get winter buck pics at all...

I see I set the time wrong...need to fix that eventually...

I've got  a new cam in delivery right now as we speak. I just ordered a replacement for the one I had stolen from me. It should be coming any day now.

It's a strange selection that bucks the trend quite a bit, but it is a Cuddeback Attack white-flash camera. The white flash is getting harder and harder to find for obvious reasons, but I am interested in pictures that are a bit more artsy-fartsy for night-time pictures. I'm not just after deer pictures. The one that got stolen took some fantastic pictures, so I wanted it replaced.

Hey Doc. Mine was stolen too and I replaced it with a new one and a lockbox. Just need to pick up a python cable to attach it to a tree. I hope you got a lockbox too. Still have tresspassers using our land. My BIL found a gut pile the last weekend of muzzy season on his property. He's going up today and to set other cameras high up off the ground and place an old broken one as a decoy at shoulder level. I hope we get the dirtbag!

• Like 2

Good luck on getting him. Somebody on here came up with a good idea on one of the other threads. Take an old junk "throw-away" camera and fill it with dog-shit and let them guys steal that ..... lol. Hopefully they will get it all the way home or into their car before they open it up.

• Like 1

Is that the black body cam with the blackout screen? It's not a true black flash, but seems like a nice cheap cam. I know a place selling it for $44 plus shipping right now. Was toying with getting one, but...only problem is, every time I've ever bought a WGI cam, it HAS to go back to the manufacturer for replacement at some point. I believe I had 1 WGI make it past year 1 without failure, but having it fail on year-two. I bought-in big into their cams several years ago thinking I could carpet bomb my grounds with these cams, but I learned pretty quick that there's a balance between price performance and reliability. It seems in large their business model hasn't changed, nor has their reliability. Hopefully you get one that lasts a couple years. If I could get three years out of a $100 cam, I'm loving life.

Boy I bought two a few yrs ago, man they were bad. They took 4 c batteries that would barely last a week. I had to go buy rechargeable batteries, I couldn't afford new batteries every week. Both died after a yr or two. This summer I picked u a  bushnell for $120 and haven't replaced the batteries yet, amazing!!  

• Like 1

Every cam has it's strength and weaknesses.

Sometimes cheap cams are necessary (ie theft, bear damage, or say being set to a specific spot with a low expected ROI, or on new ground where you don't know the conditions).

Cheap cams are great then.

• Like 1

This one takes the AA batteries...I checked the flash and it's not noticeable..but again it was basically free...Gander points...has regular and wide view...time lapse feature a fast trigger speed...we'll see if it lasts I've try stealth over the years...never again...the moultrie done with them...Won the Bushnell not terribly impressed..but works...the covert...good so far like features....this is first wild view.so jury is out for now...

I've never seen a game camera that didn't get bad reviews for one reason or another..so ya never no unless ya try....Always thought they are like playing craps ;) ....

This one takes the AA batteries...I checked the flash and it's not noticeable..but again it was basically free...Gander points...has regular and wide view...time lapse feature a fast trigger speed...we'll see if it lasts I've try stealth over the years...never again...the moultrie done with them...Won the Bushnell not terribly impressed..but works...the covert...good so far like features....this is first wild view.so jury is out for now...

I've never seen a game camera that didn't get bad reviews for one reason or another..so ya never no unless ya try....Always thought they are like playing craps ;) ....

You need to save up some coin and grab a Black 60. You'll love that cam...I enjoy the MP6 Blacks, but they are to me, more of a legit trail cam. With your plots, the Black 60 would be awesome.

Another cam to keep an eye on is the supposed new Moultrie P150 in black flash. Moultrie seems to have the market cornered on this type of cam for plots, unless someone comes out with a variant. Very specific use, but for plots, could be really neat.

Unless they've changed something, the wide view is often a gimmick...they just cut the top off the photo in layman terms. There's no widening of the angle. Just use it in regular.

Got some more pics from the new wild view...so far not bad ...lets see if it lasts longer than the Moultrie and batteries are even close to the Covert...by the way...STILL on first set..Very impressive and yes wish I could find them at Gander....was thinking on the Spypoints to try as well...thinking any ways here are the ones from the blk out WG 4....Oh...the time is  off rt now....  no biggy to me.... so I haven't changed it...

Edited by growalot