Federal Judge Rules NY Magazine Limit UNCONSTITUTIONAL!

This thread really should be moved to ,Gun and hunting laws ...

Or general chit chat for more exposure .

Anyone interested in the safe act and the various law suits should really go to Nyfirearms.com there they can read for hours, many posts by the attorneys bringing suit, daily updates.

The fight has just begun. Now we (the people) need to convince everyone that disagrees with the Governors illlegitimate "safe act" to get out and VOTE. If you don't vote you are part of the problem.

You can vote all you like but you won't change the degradation of NY politics. Remember who signed the first AR ban? Yes a republican.

As a resident of NY for my entire life, I fear the only real solution is to leave the state. And at some point I will!

Too many negatives, that are no longer outweighed by the positives. If it wasn't for family & business, I would already be gone.

If you think running away is a solution be aware.  If the left gets control of the house in 2014 like they are campaigning to do, there will be a national gun control law that will make the safe act look like a joke.  You can run or stand and fight.  Your choice

Dear Cabela’s Customer,

A new law restricting the sale of ammunition to New York goes into effect on January 15, 2014, and Cabela’s must be in compliance with the law by that date. In order to be in compliance by the deadline, our last date to ship ammunition in to New York is today, January 3rd. This will allow enough time for potential delivery delays due to weather or other factors; ammunition must be delivered to customers in New York before January 15th, 2014.

Our records show that you are still awaiting delivery of ammunition that is on backorder. The supplier for this product has been unable to provide more inventory to us to fulfill your backorder. As a result, we are not able to ship the ammunition that you ordered and get it delivered to you before the new law goes in to effect. We are very sorry about this situation.

Sincerely,

Cabela’s Inc.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

My state Senator is a Republican who states he is a 2nd Amendment supporter. He voted for the safe act. If I vote against him next election I'll get a Democrat who would state he is for the safe act. It is a lose lose in this state.

I too will always support 2nd Amendment causes but will probably end up doing it from another state as well. There is no righting this ship.

I don't mean to be cynical, but I've been around a while, and have watched this state become more radical every year. Between the taxes, regulation and now the SAFE act, I can't see it changing back in my lifetime. That said, I have NO INTENTION of "running away", and will fight with my time, my money and my votes for what we believe. 

I think the odds of the country electing more true conservatives are much better than the state of NY doing so. I spend time in Louisiana & Florida every year, and things are much different in both states, as well as out west.

I also agree that the 2nd amendment will be under siege on a federal level for the many years to come, so organizing and funding is key.

Just for the record....

Of course buying ammo is still going to be very expensive and difficult. Online ammo sales look like they will stop in the next week or so. Here is a link to LG explaining their position.

http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=f58d3c71ff52b50e1aa43dc1e&id=ef2003cce1&e=448f1ad856

they're offering free shipping but are $0.10+ per round higher than normal.

I don't mean to be cynical, but I've been around a while, and have watched this state become more radical every year. Between the taxes, regulation and now the SAFE act, I can't see it changing back in my lifetime. That said, I have NO INTENTION of "running away", and will fight with my time, my money and my votes for what we believe. 

I think the odds of the country electing more true conservatives are much better than the state of NY doing so. I spend time in Louisiana & Florida every year, and things are much different in both states, as well as out west.

I also agree that the 2nd amendment will be under siege on a federal level for the many years to come, so organizing and funding is key.

Just for the record....

It is not necessary to elect "true Conservatives", although that would be nice. But this year I am aiming to oust those who voted for the SAFE act. It's a single issue election for me. It's all about who voted for or against that law. I don't care what the politics and ideologies of the opposition are, I will be voting AGAINST those that voted FOR that law. The sole purpose of my vote this year is to send a message that voting for anti-gun legislation is hazardous to your political career. For me that is the only NYS issue .... "how did you vote on the SAFE act? You voted for it? ..... You're outta here". I'm not making this election anymore complicated than that. And then I am following up the vote with an email to these people explaining my vote. If most of the gun owners would do the same, there would never be another legislator that would ever dare vote anti-gun again.....EVER! One vote.... one issue, and the end of the NYS anti-gun bias in the legislature. If we don't do something like that, politicians be further emboldened and will take that spineless apathy as meaning that the gun owners are simply a paper tiger that can be laughed at and walked on at will. If we don't punish these people, you can look to an unlimited amount of new gun legislation that will make gun ownership an unaffordable luxury full of so much harassment that no one will want to be a part of it.

My state Senator is a Republican who states he is a 2nd Amendment supporter. He voted for the safe act. If I vote against him next election I'll get a Democrat who would state he is for the safe act. It is a lose lose in this state.

I too will always support 2nd Amendment causes but will probably end up doing it from another state as well. There is no righting this ship.

True, your choices are a republican who will support the unsafe act or a democrat who will do the same. The difference is that the democrat has a higher level of honesty because they are voting the way they are expected to.

Someone suggested getting a challenger to the republican for the primary. The corrupt nature of NY politics (almost as bad a Chicago) will not allow that. Look at people like Dean Skelos (NY State Senator from LI). His back room deal with Cuomo allow the unSafe act to happen. It was also Skelos who strong-armed the other downstate republicans to vote for the unSafe act. This guy continually gets on the Republican ticket completely unappeased in the primary. The "powers that be" will not let anyone challenge him.

The only way to "win" IMO is to "take one for the team." Everyone needs to hold their nose and vote for the democrat to get traitors like this out of office. If enough of us vote for the "other" party, it will send a strong message.

There is no loss in doing so. If someone like Skelos actually loses his seat, our situation will not be any worse. However, it will send a strong message and cause the republicans in NY to rethink their position. Last election Skelos ran against a very weak democrat and took just over 60% of the vote. Even making a significant dent in that margin will send a message and cause the party to rethink positions.

Not the greatest strategy, I admit. But the corrupt political situation (at least downstate) necessitates unusual strategies.

Know this - every 2014 vote FOR someone who supported the unSafe act is a vote in favor of the law. If these buffoons are re-elected it will validate their "yea" vote and embolden them to create even more restrictive laws.

Edited by jrm

how can politics not allow that. You get a candidate to run he gets signatures ends up on a primary.  The powers to be can not stop someone form running.  You guys all sound defeated already.  what are your solutions then. I would love to hear them. Never mind I see your solution.  I wonder where your heart is when you want all the democrats elected.  

This is a scary pic./ thought,  next they'll be putting us on the trains!   Total BS  imo.

I'm thinking that NY might pull a NYC weapon ban like Dinkins did when he was Mayor. Register them 1st year and then revise the law to require their removal from the city limits after they are all registered.

Edited by wooffer

These little rats can be defeated. Keep putting the word out for like minded, pro 2nd amendment people to get out and vote, and to spread the word. I think a lot of people are just shrugging their shoulders and assuming that its over…not even close. I think that these little self serving rats are planning on gun owners just saying "oh well" and giving up. Don't let it happen.

• Like 1