moultri m990i

sbuff

Decent cam. People report good things on it from what I have seen.

Early models had video that was stuck on a magnification but I believe that it is fixed. Listen for shutter noise, too. Early models had that issue of the filter moving back and forth with each pic.

I *just* ordered one about an hour ago!  I have the 880 and it seems to do a nice job.  I like that it records sound along with video.  The 880 is on one of my coyote bait piles, the 990i is going on another one.  The coyotes aren't too keen on the bright red glow of the 880's flash.

Once winter ends, I'll move the camera to the woods for deer tracking.  Hope it's a good one!  Does seem to get good reviews.

Zhe Wiz

$145 shipped seems to be ballpark best price.

Hard to tell who's authorized and who isn't since, when I checked yesterday at least, that page on the Moultrie web site generates an error. Anyway, I rarely worry about such things at this price level, with known manufacturers. Good to know Moultrie is picky though.

Zhe Wiz

I just did the warranty info off their site.

Compared to my other moultrie that's at least six years old this thing is tiny. I see fresh tracks in my backyard now, I might find some batteries and set it out later. I really like that this uses double A rather six D in my other moultrie

Seems good from all that I can see. The viewer on the camera is a bonus too.

Be careful buying moultrie cams.If the place you purchased yours from isn't a approved supplier then they wont warranty it.

FWIW I emailed Moultrie to find out if Amazon is an authorized reseller and received a very clear response:

"Yes Amazon is an authorized dealer. If you have any other questions or would like to place an order please call our Technical Support team and we will be happy to help you. (800) 653-3334."

Just in case anyone cares. :-)

Zhe Wiz

• 4 months later...

Moultrie is having some bad reviews on their 2014 cams. Buyer beware until they fix them. Quite a few people are reporting the cams took a step back from 2013 models. In fact, one guy who runs a growing cam forum actually requested they give him a 2013 when he sent in his 2014 for warranty and they obliged. That says something right there.

Thanks phade I've been on a few different forms reading on the cameras I've noticed a lot of guys cc saying this year's moultri models suck in gonna have to grab one of last year's models Or maybe a different brand.