Governor Announces Support for Crossbows in NY

Tinlodge

I wonder how Meat Manager will feel when he ticks off the wife, she files for divorce and slaps a restraining order on him. Or he gos to see a counselor that prescribes him some Xanax to help calm down the stress of going through a divorce. Then the Staties come to his house and take away every firearm he owns. Or maybe his county gets a new judge, who revokes his pistol permit (if he has one) and he is required to turn in every firearm.

Its pretty sad to watch people bury their heads in the sand and say "I dont care, doesnt affect me...."

Wow...these are the kind of scenarios not keeping me awake at night.

I guess I'll refrain from mentioning my wife and kid anymore as I'd prefer they not be used as rhetorical fodder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Meat Manager
  • Like 1

Wow...these are the kind of scenarios not keeping me awake at night. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not saying they should, but they are scenarios that are 100% within the realm of possibility, and not far fetched at all. They are scenarios that fly right in the face of "it doesnt affect me", because your situation can change in an instant, and then the laws you dont care about come back to bite you.

I said nothing remotely derogatory or negative about your wife or kids. You didnt even need to mention them and I would have still used the same example.

Im not saying they should, but they are scenarios that are 100% within the realm of possibility, and not far fetched at all. They are scenarios that fly right in the face of "it doesnt affect me", because your situation can change in an instant, and then the laws you dont care about come back to bite you.

domestic problems.............the #1 reason pistol licenses get revoked, even when the license holder may not have done anything wrong.

• Like 1

I said nothing remotely derogatory or negative about your wife or kids. You didnt even need to mention them and I would have still used the same example.

Don't worry it was such good fiction I enjoyed and gave it like. Like I said I will stop including so much personal info since I'd prefer it wasn't used against me.

Now be a good mod and get this thread on track...or better yet closed.

Edited by Meat Manager

it's not just the pistol you'll lose, it's ALL your guns........

What other guns? I don't keep any other guns at my house.  

Regardless, if I make a big enough mistake that results in my pistol permit being revoked, then I will have to worry about the consequences then. I'm not living my life walking on eggshells worrying about how/when my pistol permit might get revoked.

• Like 2

Regardless, if I make a big enough mistake that results in my pistol permit being revoked, then I will have to worry about the consequences then. I'm not living my life walking on eggshells worrying about how/when my pistol permit might get revoked.

Poster boy for what is the  problem with the state

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1

So do you guy's think that is why the Crossbow will be pushed along. Many think its like a gun so maybe the top dogs feel that way also so there will be no need for guns. We will have the Crossbow/gun and the old stick and string to do our hunting with.

Edited by Four Season Whitetails

Poster boy for what is the problem with the state

One last though...if this is how you treat me and biz who simply say we don't feel the effects or fear impending confiscation and you treat us this way.

How do you treat people who fully support it?

Don't you think you might try a different tact besides calling us stupid to win over middle-of-the-roaders like myself who also own and use guns but don't see the need for wannabee GI Joe arsenals used for "recreational shooting."

Edited by Meat Manager

One last though...if this is how you treat me and biz who simply say we don't feel the effects or fear impending confiscation and you treat us this way. How do you treat people who fully support it. And don't you think you might try a different tact besides calling is stupid to win over middle-of-the-roaders like myself who also own and use guns but don't see the need for wannabee GI Joe arsenals used for "recreational shooting."

Middle of the road? You give yourself way too much credit

Have you ever used one of these evil weapons from such an arsenal for any purpose, even just to target shoot?

Middle of the road? You give yourself way too much credit
I hunt and harvest animals and I don't care what kind of guns and ammo legal gun owners have. I'm also not against common sense regs.

On one end of the spectrum are people for confiscation.

On the other extreme side is anyone who thinks there should be no limits, nor checks to gun ownership.

Where do you fall? I'd say I'm close to the middle. It's not an all or nothing proposition to me.

Edited by Meat Manager
  • Like 1

Don't worry it was such good fiction I enjoyed and gave it like. Like I said I will stop including so much personal info since I'd prefer it wasn't used against me. Now be a good mod and get this thread on track...or better yet closed. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used against you? Please. As I said, Id use the same example even if you never mentioned you were married.

edit**not gonna validate that comment with a response**

So do you guy's think that is why the Crossbow will be pushed along. Many think its like a gun so maybe the top dogs feel that way also so there will be no need for guns. We will have the Crossbow/gun and the old stick and string to do our hunting with.

I dont think so. Its been pushed for a long time, plus the DEC added it to their list of things they want to get done in the 5 year plan.

Ooooops..., I must have clicked on the wrong thread. I was looking for good information about the crossbow proposal, but I accidently found myself reading through more safe act fodder.

Somebody flag down one of the zoo-keepers so we can get these animals back in their cages!

any thread that mentions Cuomo and anything he has his hands on eventually makes its way to becoming a full blown anti Safe Act thread.........no matter what it was originally intended for.

• Like 1

I am going to make one more comment and then I am done. Too far off topic and I apologize.

I really don't have a problem with some forms of safeguards that WORK. That are not arbitrary and that are enforceable. I love the fact the safe act took a strong approach to increase the penalties for the crimes. I wish they had gone farther. BUT the majority of the safe act does nothing. why 5 year renewal of the pistol permit? if I lose it for cause come take the pistols and the permit. why a background check on ammo? how many crooks are buying over the counter at dick's and Gander? They can't currently for pistol ammo because they don't have a permit. a very small fraction of crimes and murder is committed with Rifles of any sort. even smaller with those evil assault weapons. A mag restriction is also a do nothing law. the fractions it takes to switch out do nothing to stop crime. The bulk of this ill-conceived law is bore by the law abiding gun owners. The criminals, by definition, aren't going to give a crap about it anyway. I think the background checks for sales of guns, even private sales is a good thing. My concern with giving any ground however is the rabid mentality of the ones pushing this agenda. Openly the Left has said they wouldn't mind all guns being gone and confiscation wouldn't bother them. I believe they mean it.

• Like 3

Poster boy for what is the  problem with the state

Because I don't worry about making a poor life decision, which results in me losing my pistol permit?  I'm sorry, but I just don't follow what your trying to say.

I work, I hunt, I fish, I play sports, I party, etc. What I don't do is wake up each morning hoping to get through a day without my pistol permit being revoked.

Because I don't worry about making a poor life decision, which results in me losing my pistol permit?  I'm sorry, but I just don't follow what your trying to say.

I work, I hunt, I fish, I play sports, I party, etc. What I don't do is wake up each morning hoping to get through a day without my pistol permit being revoked.

Not how I meant it. I meant it in the context of your "could care less about it because it doesn't effect me" attitude. And in that list there wasn't one mention of any efforts for being politically active, getting involved in an organization to protect 2nd Amendment rights, being involved in an organization to promote conservation or our hunting heritage. I did however see a lot of I I I I I I . So please see my previous comment. Poster boy for what is wrong with this State and country

Wow...these are the kind of scenarios not keeping me awake at night. I guess I'll refrain from mentioning my wife and kid anymore as I'd prefer they not be used as rhetorical fodder. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For someone averaging 7 deer a year and who currently cannot use a crossbow, you're going to have to fling quite a few arrows without your firearm should (and you can never predict what will happen) you lose your guns.

I guess we're all struggling with your view on this as it clearly hurts sportsman, whether it affects you directly or not. We don't all reload, we don't all have a stockpile of ammo. Adding $10 to an ammo purchase and perhaps more regulations to come, i'd think you'd support the cause.

It wasn't too long ago that NY went to the 10 round mag limit. Now we're at 7 with pre-ban outlawed. Is it really not fathomable to you that they could keep going?

while i agree that if you do something to warrant the loss of your guns, then the system works and I support this part of the law. I believe the argument was that sometimes all it takes is a pissed off wife to claim you're violent (when you're not) and away with your guns. And because you can't hunt with a compound or a crossbow you lose the ability to hunt in NY. We all know that the male never wins the domestic case.

Not how I meant it. I meant it in the context of your "could care less about it because it doesn't effect me" attitude. And in that list there wasn't one mention of any efforts for being politically active, getting involved in an organization to protect 2nd Amendment rights, being involved in an organization to promote conservation or our hunting heritage. I did however see a lot of I I I I I I . So please see my previous comment. Poster boy for what is wrong with this State and country

I don't march or get involved in politics, but I do donate $, sign petitions, and email politicians.  I even posted on this site a response I received from a politician in connection with crossbows. I feel that is enough on my end at this point. I don't own any "huntable" land in NY, and most likely never will. Therefore, if I don't like the rules/regs of NY, I will just go spend my $ and hunt a different state.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Dude, your paranoia level is way to low to be posting on this forum. Now get back into your crawlspace with your laptop and make post's which speak of impending dome and dread for cryin out loud!

• Like 2